Events and Festivals in Venice
The Venice Film Festival, the oldest film festival in the world, takes place every September when the Leone d’Oro (Golden Lion) is awarded to the best film. The Venice Biennale is an international contemporary art exhibition that takes place every two years (the next is in 2013). If you’re visiting Venice for New Year, stick around until January 6 when the ancient Italian tradition of Regata delle Befane takes place. This rowing competition along the Grand Canal features men dressed as witches, known to Italian children as “befana”.
Apart from this, Venice sees a healthy dose of carnivals and events throughout the year. Some of them are:
- Le Giornate del Cinema Muto: Takes place in early October.
- Sagra del Mosto: A traditional grape picking festival that takes place on 1st weekend in October.
- Venice Marathon: Takes place on 4th Sunday in October.
- Festa di San Martino: The St.Martin’s Feast takes place on 11 November.
- Festa della Madonna della Salute: A procession that heads to the basilica of St Maria. Takes place on 21 November.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Venice
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Venice
Save 9%Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade2558 Reviews
Duration: 30 MinsBook Now
Save 10%Dolomite Mountains and Cortina Semi Private Day Trip from Venice846 Reviews
Duration: 9 HrsBook Now
Save 10%Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace521 Reviews
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now
Save 8%Murano & Burano Islands Half Day Guided Tour by Private Boat862 Reviews
Duration: 5 HrsBook Now