The museum, which houses pre-19th century paintings, was also one of the first institutions in the world to study art restoration. The building itself dates back to 1343, and is the oldest Scuola Grandi (Great Schools) of Venice. The collection here is predominantly Venetian, and the arrangement is very general. That said, practically all of the Venice’s greatest painters from that era are represented here.
Venice 1 day itinerary for Galleria Dell Accademia.
- Entrance is contingent on booking.
- The place is quite disabled friendly.
- Full price ticket: € 9,00 (+ € 1,50 as reservation fee)
- Reduced price ticket: € 6,00 (+ € 1,50 as reservation fee) for Europeans aged 18-25 with ID.
- Free for under 18; disabled Europeans; journalists.
- Free admission on the first Sunday of every month.
- Prices may subjectively change during temporary exhibitions.
- Waterbus Line 1 and 2 stop Accademia; Line 2 and 5.1 stop Zattere
- The Grand Canal Restaurant – Pizza
- Osteria Oliva Nera – Indonesian food
- Ca’dei Frati – Coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.28% of people who visit Venice include Galleria Dell' Accademia in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
28.33% of people start their Galleria Dell' Accademia visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Galleria Dell' Accademia
72.29% of people prefer walking in order to reach Galleria Dell' Accademia
The main art gallery of Venice. Paintings are obviously amazing and the staff is also very nice. However the layout of the exhibition is not well thought and it doesn't have any labels or suggestions helping with the direction of exploring the rooms, so you must be careful not to miss some of it. Also, some of the exhibits arbitrarily lack any description in English.
Beautiful collection of art. However it could be a bit easier to get round. We found ourselves frequently doubling back for large amounts of the exhibition and wondering if we'd missed any.
Great Spot to see gorgeous art, we loved this place. I highly recommend to use an audio guide!!
Incredibly beautiful gallery with some fine pieces of Christian artwork on display. I particularly enjoyed the Hieronymus Bosch paintings. We got there about 9.30am on a Sunday in late June and it was very quiet but filled up quickly.
Great works are present here but was expecting more from all the hype still great though