Gondola Rides are the most romantic experience one can have in Venice although there are many such experiences to choose from. The idea of listening to venetian music being played in the background while you drift down the canal as picturesque buildings like the Rialto Bridge pass by you is the picture perfect setting for a holiday with a loved one.
The ambience is dreamy and if the weather is good you will be in for a once in a life-time experience. The gondola boats which used to be an important part of Venetian culture have become a very important tourist attraction in the city. This activity is a definite must do if you want to have the complete Venice experience.
If you have just 1 day in Venice then Gondola ride is a must do activity.
Gondola Ride Travel Tips
- Travelers recommend that you do not pre-book the tours as you can easily find a gondola on the spot.
- Gondoliers must be officially licensed.
- Gondoliers must wear black pants, a striped shirt, and closed dark shoes. They usually have a special hat but don't always wear it. You can recognize them this way.
- If you want to go to a particular place, be sure to discuss it with the Gondolier before the ride.
- Most gondoliers speak some English.
- Good place for photography.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gondola Ride
- €80 for a 40-minute ride, additional 20 minute increments cost €40.
- Each Gondola carries up to 6 people.
- Rides will not operate in bad weather.
- The ticket price rises at night.
- You can buy tickets in advance. It is however better not to.
Gondola Ride Hours
- After 7:00 pm, the base rate climbs to €100, with €50 for an additional 20 minutes.
How to Reach Gondola Ride
- Piazzale Roma Train Station
- Al Vecio Pipa – Seafood
- Ca’dei Frati – Coffee
- Ai Cesendeli – Corn and Chicken Pizza
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.97% of people who visit Venice include Gondola Ride in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
24.62% of people start their Gondola Ride visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Gondola Ride
86.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Gondola Ride