How to Reach Venice - The Easiest Way to Reach Venice
HOW TO GET TO VENICE
- By Air: Venice is served by Marco Polo Airport, around eight miles (13km) north of the city with regular train, bus and vaporetti (water taxi) services into the city centre.
- By Car: For obvious reasons – those canals and bridges – driving in Venice is difficult but there are car parks at the Ponte della Liberta bridge that connects the city to the mainland.
- By Rail: Visitors arriving by train will reach Santa Lucia railway station near to the start of the Grand Canal and within walking distance of the city centre.
HOW TO GET AROUND VENICE
- Water taxis and buses are the best way of getting around, while a gondola ride is also an experience not to be missed.
- There are also a number of tours operating from Venice to Rome that cover the best places to visit in these two incredible cities.
Are you looking for a Venice travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Venice
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Venice. The most preferred mode of transport in Venice is Walking.
Average distance: 6.5 km Average time: 25 min
Walking 100%Walking 20 min Driving 5 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 25 min
How to Reach Venice from Nearby Cities
|Mestre to Venice||10.03 km||10 mins|
|Mogliano veneto to Venice||15.66 km||15 mins|
|Dolo to Venice||25 km||25 mins|
|Treviso to Venice||26.2 km||26 mins|
|San donà di piave to Venice||34.75 km||34 mins|
|Asolo to Venice||59.02 km||59 mins|
|Montegrotto terme to Venice||60.58 km||1 hour 59 mins|
|Aviano to Venice||75.26 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Cervignano del friuli to Venice||120.4 km||2 hours 15 mins|
|San pietro in casale to Venice||129.5 km||2 hours 9 mins|