- Address: Malamocco, Venice, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Village, View Point, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Way back in the 18th and 9th centuries, Malamocco served as the capital of the lagoon! Then, it was ruled by Theodatus, the second Duke of Venice. It is an island, about 3 miles south of Lido, but unlike Lido, it is a mini-Venice. Narrow little street, miniature canals, cute bridges and colourful houses combine to make a rather charming little village. The best way to enjoy it is to simply stroll around on foot and let yourself stumble onto the following sites:
- The 12th century Veneto-Byzantine Santa Maria Assunta church.
- The Ponte Borgo (Borgo Bridge)
- The Gothic Palazzo Pretorio (Pretorio Palace)
How to Reach Malamocco
- Catch the bus from Lido, or cycle down from Lido.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.96% of people who visit Venice include Malamocco in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
68.42% of people start their Malamocco visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Malamocco
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Malamocco