Museo Archeologico Nazionale309 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazzetta San Marco, 17, 30100 Venezia, Italy, Venice
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-412967663
- Ticket Price: 17 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums, Sculpture
Established in 1523, the museum has quite an extensive collection of ancient coins, sculptures, ceramics and stones from the Greek and Roman civilisations of Antiquity, from as far back as the 1st Century BC. There are also items from the Assyrian, Babylonian, Tuscan and Egyptian areas, dated back to Neolithic ages. Busts of Roman Emperors and an archaeological collection borrowed from the Correr Museum also grace the museum’s halls. There are about 20 rooms in all, thematically arranged. The rooms are minimally decorated; your attention will be kept entirely on the artifacts.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo Archeologico Nazionale
- The ticket price is part of the Museums of St. Mark's Square; covers entry into the Ducal Palace, Correr Museum, Archaeological Museum and Monumental Rooms of Biblioteca Marciana.
- Ticket prices may change in case of temporary exhibitions.
- EUR 12 for EU students aged 15 to 25 years old and EU citizens over 65.
- Free for Venetians, kids under 5, the disabled and their companions.
How to Reach Museo Archeologico Nazionale
- From Piazzale Roma: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop.
- From Santa Lucia Railway Station: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop.
- From Lido di Venezia: Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 5.2, San Zaccaria stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.86% of people who visit Venice include Museo Archeologico Nazionale in their plan
66.67% of people start their Museo Archeologico Nazionale visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museo Archeologico Nazionale
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Archeologico Nazionale