The American heiress Peggy Guggenheim made collecting tasteful art and hosting seasonal exhibitions a habit of hers. She lived here, at the 18th century Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, for over 30 years, and her influence has elevated the museum to a premier modern art museum. Picasso, Calder, Ernst, Pollock, Dali, Chagall, Giacometti, Klee, and some Italian Futurists – they’re all here. Over 400,000 people visit yearly, making it the second most popular building in Venice after the Doge’s Palace itself. Picturesque and elegant, the museum continues to collect art to this day. Her furniture and garden are nothing to be sneezed at either. Visits to the museum will also illuminate the woman who made it all happen, and the tragedy of her family life.
An exclusive personal collection of American heiress Peggy Guggenheim known for its exquisiteness and unique taste. The museum is open for visitors from Monday to Sunday. The Tickets for Peggy Guggenheim Collection varies as per the visitors age. You can get the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Tickets from premises by arriving a little earlier. Concession of a certain amount is available on Peggy Guggenheim Collection Ticket Prices for children and seniors. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection Ticket Cost is completely free for children under 10.
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is one of the tourist attractions in Venice Itinerary 2 Days. You must visit this amazing tourist attraction in Venice.
Peggy Guggenheim Collection Travel Tips
- Pets not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- 65+ years €12;
- €8 for:
- Young visitors from 10 to 18 years.
- Students under 26 years (with ID).
- School groups; Members of UNESCO, IAA, AIAP (with current ID).
- Members of ANISA, Associazione Nazionale Insegnanti di Storia dell'Arte e all teachers and professors of Art and Art History (with a current ID).
- Members of AMICI DEI MUSEI DI VENEZIA.
- Disabled visitors escort; Journalists with valid ID.
- Military and city police officers with ID.
- Holders of Fidelity Card Teatro Goldoni, Venice.
- Holders of Fidelity Card Teatro Verdi, Padova.
- Free entry for under 10 years of age.
Peggy Guggenheim Collection Hours
- Last admission is 5 pm.
- Museum closes at 6 pm.
How to Reach Peggy Guggenheim Collection
From Piazzale Roma or train station:
- Water bus line 2, direction Lido, Accademia stop
- Water bus line 1, direction Lido, Accademia stop or Health Academy
From Piazza San Marco:
- Water bus line 2 towards P. Roma, Accademia stop
- Water bus line 1 towards P. Roma, stop or Health Academy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.08% of people who visit Venice include Peggy Guggenheim Collection in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
36.94% of people start their Peggy Guggenheim Collection visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Peggy Guggenheim Collection
59.87% of people prefer walking in order to reach Peggy Guggenheim Collection