St Mark's Campanile , Venice
About St Mark's Campanile , Venice
St Mark's Campanile , Venice - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia, Italy
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 180.1K times in trip plans
Outdoors, View Point, Observatory, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This Baroque Tower is undisputedly Venice’s most recognisable landmark. That’s why the city won’t let it die. Since the first tower was erected in the 10th century, it’s been repeated struck down by calamity after calamity (usually fires and earthquakes), and each time they just built it back up again, adding a little extra detail here and there each time. In this way was added the belfry, the attic, the gold leaf spire, the Logetta, the lightning rod, and the statue of an angel. The tower’s current look dates from about the 16th century. It collapsed again in 1902, and finally the government built it back up, but with structural reinforcements.
Make sure you climb and see the 360 degree observatory!! An elevator could take you to the top too. Highlights:
- 98.6 meters tall
- Arched belfry houses five bells (ask the locals for their specific functions).
- Walking lions atop the belfry.
- The Goddess of Justice (Venice)
- Pyramidal spire with a golden weather vane of the Angel Gabriel.
- Logetta, an ornate podium.
- The observatory, from which you can see the Alps.
St Mark's Campanile Ticket Prices
- EUR 4 for groups 15+ people.
How To reach St Mark's Campanile by Public Transport
- From Piazzale Roma- Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop.
- From Santa Lucia Railway Station- Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 2 Giardinetti stop; Line 5.1 or Line 4.1, San Zaccaria stop.
- From Lido di Venezia- Line 1, Vallaresso or San Zaccaria stop; Line 5.2, San Zaccaria stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Venice before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Venice and book an accommodation of your choice.
St Mark's Campanile , Venice Reviews - Write a Review
At €8 per person, this is expensive, but then so is everything in Venice! The staff were unfriendly and when you get to the top you have to pay extra if you want to listen to the audio guide or use the binoculars. The view is good though.
for 17 Euro (online booking, too expensive, it doesn't cost the price at all, normal price is 8 Euro) no explanation, unfriendly staff with ZERO English knowledge but dealing with the tourists. WASTE OF MONEY!!!
It is a beautiful view but in my opinion it isnt worth the hefty 8 euro price. On reaching the top the feel good factor only lasts a couple of seconds
Nice views of Venice, but not that spectacular. At 8 euros per person it's completely overpriced. For a family of 4 that's half the price of the entry to the Doge's palace. In October we waited for half an hour to get in, not worth the wait or money.
ich lieben Venice From 18th to 29th July the Pastoral Office for Tourism and Pilgrimages of the Diocese of Venice, in collaboration with the Procurators of St Mark’s Basilica, the International Association of Volunteers “Ars et Fides”(Art and Faith) and the Association “Arc Accueil, Rencontre, Communauté” (The Arch of Meeting, Greeting and Community), will offer free guided tours of St. Mark’s Basilica in Italian, English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Friday, at the following times. Marco Polo airport is located in Tessera, on the mainland. To reach Venice, which is about 12 kilometres away, you can choose among several means, according to the time you have available and your budget.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Tivoli
- Palazzo Contarini Del Bovolo
- Venice Resorts
- Giardini Biennale Sx
- Best Western Hotel Bologna
- Jw Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
- Bio Sound System
- Burano Island
- Hotel Rossi
- Ostello Santa Fosca
- Venice Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Venice
- What to See in 48 Hours in Venice
- What to See in 72 Hours in Venice
- How to Spend 5 Days in Venice
- How to Spend 6 Days in Venice
- How to Spend 7 Days in Venice