Events and Festivals in Verona
- Capodanno - the first day of January sees a host of special events in and around the city, particularly at Interzona.
- Bacanal del Gnoco - this colourful parade is part of Verona's carnival celebrations, Look out for some inventive costumes, as masked revellers process through the city. The event finishes with a gathering in Piazza San Zeno, where traditional Italian dish, gnocchi, is served.
- Verona in Love - A five-day festival which is held around Valentine's Day (February 14th). It features Romeo and Juliet. Visitors can enjoy exhibitions, concerts and shows.
- Luxury and Yachts Expo - Held at Fiere di Verona during March. Get ready for the summer with a visit to this exhibition which showcases everything from surfing and water skiing to luxury yachts and motorboats.
- Pasqua - The Easter weekend is celebrated with a number of events, including a Good Friday procession and, on Easter Saturday, a regatta. Easter Monday witnesses the traditional serving of pasta 'fagioli'.
- Vinitaly - Held at the Fiere di Verona, this is one of Italy's most important trade fairs. Thousands of exhibitors showcase their wares to over 150,000 visitors.
- Schermi d'Amore - Mid-May, a festival that is dedicated to romantic films, screened in the Cinema Filarmonico.
- Verona Opera Festival - Held in the atmospheric venue of Arena di Verona during June, the city is rightly proud of this hugely popular annual open-air opera festival.
- Verona Jazz - Jazz concerts are held regularly during the three weeks of this July music festival, with most of them being held in the Teatro Romano, the Mercato Vecchio and the Arena.
- Shakespeare Festival - Held in the Teatro Romano, this summer-long festival features performances of the Bard's work.
- Garda Trention - Nearby Lake Garda is the venue for Formula Windsurfing Youth World Championship.
- Ferragoso - Feast of the Assumption is celebrated on the 15th August each year with a variety of summer holiday events held both in the city and around Lake Garda.
- Sagre - Verona's neighbourhoods celebrate this traditional festival with plenty of eating and drinking.
- Marmomacc - Held at the Fiera each September, Marmomacc is the city's international stone, marble and building fair.
- Festa dell'Uva - mid-October, neighbouring town of Bardolino celebrates fine Bardolino red wine with music concerts, fireworks, wine tastings and refreshments.
- Maratona di Verona – A marathon for runners, there is also a rollerblade marathon.
- Fiera Cavalli - Verona stages a huge horse fair once a year. It has become one of the biggest events of its kind in Italy.
- Rassegna dei Presepio and La Stella di Natale - held in the Arena di Verona every December. A display of over 400 nativity scenes, this event also features a huge sculpture of a star - heralding the arrival of the Christmas festivities in the city.
- Santa Lucia - mid-December, sees the arrival of stalls selling toys, sweets and Christmas gifts in Verona's Piazza Bra.
Trip plans for Verona
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Verona
Verona Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Verona
Verona Food Walking Tour with Wine Tasting48 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Experience the divine food and drink of fair Verona on a 3.5-hour small-group food tour. Explore the city of love and uncover...Book Now
Save 7%Verona City Hop-on Hop-off Tour129 Reviews
Duration: 1 Days
Experience the perfect introduction to Verona aboard this hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour! You'll see all the beautiful sight...
Verona Walking Tour: Verona Arena and Historical Centre65 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
2.5-hour walking tour of Veronas city centerMain monuments visited: Arena, Juliet'House, Castelvecchio, Ponte Pietra, Piazza ...Book Now
Save 10%2-Hour Segway Historic Tour in Verona3 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Segway Tour is a unique and fun way to explore the city. Drive through Verona and discover the most beautiful sights it has t...
- Events & Festivals in Sirmione
- Events & Festivals in Vicenza
- Events & Festivals in Trieste
- Events & Festivals in Padua
- Events & Festivals in Ferrara
- Events & Festivals in Parma