Piazza BraCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza Bra, Verona VR, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Entertainment, Square, Family And Kids
Piazza Bra - Review
It is the main square of Verona and hands down one of the largest in Europe. A wonderful blend of Renaissance arches, dozens of Italian eateries, pine gardens and travellers from all over the world.
Piazza Bra literally means ‘A broad meeting place’ and this definitely stands up for its name! Bordered by several notable buildings of Verona, Bra has some of the best restaurants and hotels in town.
Another major attraction is the Verona Arena built in first century; it has staged some of the spectacular shows like - Pink Floyd, Elton John and Ponchielli’s La Gioconda apart from that it has been a favorite venue for film shootings.
Other must see places include:
- Palazzo della Gran Guardia, a beautiful building now popularly used for conferences and business meet.
- Palazzo della Gran Guardia Nuova - Verona’s town hall.
- The pink marble flooring as from the Valpolicella region.
- Fonatna delle Alpi or Münchner-Kindlbrunnen, is the fountain in the park.
- Statue of the Italian King Vittorio Emanuele II- the first king of united Italy.
Ideal spot to read a good book while sipping coffee, relishing some authentic Italian cuisine, gazing at the charm of surroundings or getting acquainted with Verona’s culture and people.
Piazza Bra Information
- The roman amphitheatre popularly known as Verona Arena hosts a variety of must see events.
- About a week prior to the Verona’s carnival (February) we can see preparations at the arena.
How To reach Piazza Bra by Public Transport
- Bus: 66 meters, lines: 11-13, 51, 90-93, 96-98, 510
- Train: 1.6 km from Piazza Bra
Restaurants Near Piazza Bra
- Fillare monico caffe
- Brek, Mamma Mia
- Bar osterio buso del goto
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Verona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Verona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Piazza Bra
95% of people who visit Verona include Piazza Bra in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
59.76% of people start their Piazza Bra visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Piazza Bra
90.59% of people prefer walking in order to reach Piazza Bra