Versailles, the city where the French royalty thrilled the world with its utterly grand and romantic architecture.The place where the French revolution was born in a single night. Home to innumerable royal figures, heck, even Napoleon.Site of some of the world’s grandest architecture and its most magnificent gardens.The site where the Peace Treaty to end WWI was signed between Germany and the Allies (in 1919, in the Hall of Mirrors). The object of countless romance novels.An absolute dream to look at, an absolute wonder to experience. A historical place, you cannot escape its past during your Versailles tour.
First Sunday of the month from November to March, free access to:
- Flats and Hall of Mirrors
- Apartments of the Dauphin and Dauphine
- Apartments Ladies
- Coronation Room, Gallery of Battles, room 1830 (subject)
- Trianon Palaces and Marie-Antoinette
Warning: Versailles is not the best place to party. If you’re looking for nightlife go back to Paris.
Essential travel information and Versailles tips for your visit
- Use the audioguides where given the option.
- Read up before hand on everything.
- Buy ticket online; so you can skip the queues. The Paris Museum Pass covers this place.
- Get in queues really early.
- Check out all the activities in the garden.
- Don’t rent a car. It’s a tiny town.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Versailles
Save 7%Small-Group Day Trip to Giverny and Versailles from Paris
9 Hrs41 Reviews
Save 7%Skip the Line: Versailles Half-Day Tour
2 Hrs 15 Mins337 Reviews
Save 7%Skip The Line: Palace of Versailles and Gardens from Central Paris
6 Hrs111 Reviews
Save 8%Versailles Palace & Gardens Tour from Versailles - Optional Fountain Show
2 Hrs 30 Mins32 Reviews