Chateau De VersaillesCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Placed'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-130837800
- Ticket Price: 15 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Historical Site, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Chateau De Versailles - Review
The palace underwent major four building campaigns, and each one added to its features extensively. The last one built the Royal Chapel. After that, was constructed the Salon d’Hercule and the Royal Opera. When Louis XIV was arrested in 1791, the palace was sealed shut and the furniture sold off. Over the years, the palace degraded. But when Napoleon came into power, he once again restored the palace and its grounds. In the late 19th century, curator Nolhac made efforts and restored the palace to its pre-Revolution look. The palace is today touted as one of Europe’s greatest tourist attractions, yet still serves state function: heads of state meet at Hall of Mirrors, as do the Senate and the Assemblee Nationale.
Also, across the courtyard from the palace, you’ll be able to access the Royal Stables where for some time now, the Academy of Equestrian Arts has been kicking butt with their incredibly stylized horse choreography. You can see this on Saturdays at 1800 and Sundays at 1500.
In the 19th century, Louis Philippe decided to turn Versailles Palace into a store of French history. As such the day it’s one of the largest museums on French history in the word.
Chateau De Versailles Information
- Get there early. You’ll need to get into the queue at least an hour before you plan to get in.
- The Paris Museum pass will let you skip lines unless there’s some construction going on.
- Get the tickets online to avoid some of the queuing.
- Take the audioguide tour. It’s excellent, comes multiple languages and is free with the pass.
- Guided tours will let you bypass the line.
- You can hire bikes and battery powered golf carts to get around the palace ground. Ask a staff member.
- Queues are long the entire day.
- Baby strollers not allowed inside.
Chateau De Versailles Ticket Prices
- EUR 13 for Members or holders of a Museum of Fine Arts in Arras, Members corporations friends National Museums Holders discount card for large family, Visitors paying the entrance fee with vouchers holiday.
- Free for children under 18, under 26 years residents of the European Union, schools, people with disabilities and their companions.
- Free first Sunday of every Month.
- Free with the Paris Museum Pass.
How To reach Chateau De Versailles by Public Transport
- Nearby Public Transports: On foot
Restaurants Near Chateau De Versailles
- Angelina Restaurant And Snack Bar near the battles gallery.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chateau De Versailles
95% of people who visit Versailles include Chateau De Versailles in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.12% of people start their Chateau De Versailles visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau De Versailles
55.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau De Versailles
Chateau De Versailles Trips
Chateau De Versailles, Versailles Reviews
Easy access station but very busy around 3PM when a lot of tourists head back to Paris. There is free WiFi here! Toilets on the inside by train after you swipe card.
If you didn’t buy your ticket in advance or have change on you, be prepared to wait a very long time to get a ticket. Other than that it’s very close to everything.
Very close to the Versailles chateaux. Just take the RER C to get to this!
Extremely slow service. Not enough vending machines
Massive crowds when the palace closes so it's better to arrive at least 20 minutes early to the last train.