Chateau De Versailles, Versailles
About Chateau De Versailles, Versailles
Chateau De Versailles, Versailles - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Placed'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
Ticket Price: 15 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 117.9K times in trip plans
Garden, Historical Site, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The palace underwent major four building campaigns, and each one added to its features extensively. The last one built the Royal Chapel. After that, was constructed the Salon d’Hercule and the Royal Opera. When Louis XIV was arrested in 1791, the palace was sealed shut and the furniture sold off. Over the years, the palace degraded. But when Napoleon came into power, he once again restored the palace and its grounds. In the late 19th century, curator Nolhac made efforts and restored the palace to its pre-Revolution look. The palace is today touted as one of Europe’s greatest tourist attractions, yet still serves state function: heads of state meet at Hall of Mirrors, as do the Senate and the Assemblee Nationale.
Also, across the courtyard from the palace, you’ll be able to access the Royal Stables where for some time now, the Academy of Equestrian Arts has been kicking butt with their incredibly stylized horse choreography. You can see this on Saturdays at 1800 and Sundays at 1500.
In the 19th century, Louis Philippe decided to turn Versailles Palace into a store of French history. As such the day it’s one of the largest museums on French history in the word.
Chateau De Versailles Information
- Get there early. You’ll need to get into the queue at least an hour before you plan to get in.
- The Paris Museum pass will let you skip lines unless there’s some construction going on.
- Get the tickets online to avoid some of the queuing.
- Take the audioguide tour. It’s excellent, comes multiple languages and is free with the pass.
- Guided tours will let you bypass the line.
- You can hire bikes and battery powered golf carts to get around the palace ground. Ask a staff member.
- Queues are long the entire day.
- Baby strollers not allowed inside.
Chateau De Versailles Ticket Prices
- EUR 13 for Members or holders of a Museum of Fine Arts in Arras, Members corporations friends National Museums Holders discount card for large family, Visitors paying the entrance fee with vouchers holiday.
- Free for children under 18, under 26 years residents of the European Union, schools, people with disabilities and their companions.
- Free first Sunday of every Month.
- Free with the Paris Museum Pass.
How To reach Chateau De Versailles by Public Transport
- Nearby Public Transports: On foot
Restaurants Near Chateau De Versailles
- Angelina Restaurant And Snack Bar near the battles gallery.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chateau De Versailles, Versailles Reviews - Write a Review
Massive crowds when the palace closes so it's better to arrive at least 20 minutes early to the last train.
Everything was smooth and quick at this station with trains coming regularly! Very close walking distance to the palace.
A last train station for RER to visit Versailles Castle. Distant walk to the palace. A small town are also worth to visit.
Its a small station near versailles palace and gardens. Its almost 150 meters from the entrance of versailles palace. Macdonald and other restaurants r just infront of this station
Ticket vending machines were broken. I remember It took me more than 10 minutes to buy a ticket so that I missed the train.
- Nearby Attractions
- Le Limousin
- Paroisse Notre-dame De Versailles
- Petit Parc
- Grandes Eaux De Versailles
- Hotel Le Versailles
- La Petite Venise
- Temple De L'amour
- Versailles - Chantiers
- Versailles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Versailles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Versailles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Versailles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Versailles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Versailles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Versailles