Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park, Versailles
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park, Versailles - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 29.7K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Fountain
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park, Versailles
800 hectares of classical French Gardens.They really do stand separately from the palace as an attraction in their own right – they’re one of the most beautiful examples of landscaping known to man and receive over 6 million visitors a year (as much as the Louvre). If the beautifully kept grass and the tens of thousands of flowers weren’t enough, the garden’s charm is further demonstrated by its spectacular musical fountains. In the night, the music is added to by a spectacular light show.
List of fountains to check:
- Neptune (99 spectacular water effects composition)
- Dragon (27 metre high water jet)
- Nymph’s Bath
Then there’s the Orangerie, a beautiful and symmetric citrus garden with 1055 trees, some of which are over 200 years old; the sculptures of America, the Seasons, the Sun Vase and the Rivers; walks like The Fountain Walk, The Green Carpet Royal Walk and the Water Walk; the mile long Grand Canal; and finally the enchanting groves: the Queen’s Grove, the Girandole Grove, the Ballroom, the King’s Garden, the Colonnade, the Domes and the Enceladus.
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Information
- Shows in the garden have their own costs.
- You can hire bikes and battery powered golf carts to get around the palace ground. Ask a staff member.
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Opening and Closing Hours
The musical fountain shows (EUR 9 not including Passport) are held on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from 5 April to 26 October 2014.
- Tuesdays from 20 May to 24 June 2014.
- As well as on some additional dates (Friday 18 April, Thursday 8 May, Thursday 29 May and Friday 15 August 2014).
- At 11:00 am to 12:00 pm; 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm ( 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays).
The Fountains Night Show (EUR 24) is held:
- In front of the Grand Canal.
- Every Saturday from 21 June to 13 September 2014.
- Water features from 9:05 to 10:55 pm.
- The fireworks display starts at around 11:00 pm.
Musical Garden Show (EUR 8 not counting Passport) is held:
- Tuesdays from 1 April to 13 May.
- Tuesdays from 1st July to 28 October.
- From 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
How To reach Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park by Public Transport
- Nearby Public Transports: None Available; Get there on foot
Restaurants Near Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
- Cafe at Garden Entrance
- La Flotille and La Petite Venise
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Versailles
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park, Versailles Reviews - Write a Review
The garden is worth the visit. The palace is magnificent, but be prepared for lots people and not a lot of room to move. As you're working through the gardens, check out the restaurant under the trees for a delightful meal and a setting that cannot be beat.
Vast gardens which you can explore all day! If you're not a fan of walking at a leisurely pace, you can always rent a bicycle or golf cart which makes the trip a lot quicker.
This place is huge, though the actual gardens are somewhat smaller than the park itself. You can spend hours upon hours simply wandering around here (which is what I eventually did). Even then you simply cannot appreciate the scale of this place.
This place is awesome. You need at least 2 hours to see and enjoy everything. Better to rent a golf cart if you want to explore the whole place. If I have to choose, I will do this over the Chateau:). I think it's better come in springtime.
Arguably the best garden in the world. So so beautiful unfortunately I couldnt see all. Have to see it my friends camera. It needs a day to visit the entire garden. So plan accordingly. Trust me it will be an unforgettable experience..