Chteau De Versailles Gardens And ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-130837800
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Fountain
800 hectares of classical French Gardens.They really do stand separately from the palace as an attraction in their own right – they’re one of the most beautiful examples of landscaping known to man and receive over 6 million visitors a year (as much as the Louvre). If the beautifully kept grass and the tens of thousands of flowers weren’t enough, the garden’s charm is further demonstrated by its spectacular musical fountains. In the night, the music is added to by a spectacular light show.
List of fountains to check:
- Neptune (99 spectacular water effects composition)
- Dragon (27 metre high water jet)
- Nymph’s Bath
Then there’s the Orangerie, a beautiful and symmetric citrus garden with 1055 trees, some of which are over 200 years old; the sculptures of America, the Seasons, the Sun Vase and the Rivers; walks like The Fountain Walk, The Green Carpet Royal Walk and the Water Walk; the mile long Grand Canal; and finally the enchanting groves: the Queen’s Grove, the Girandole Grove, the Ballroom, the King’s Garden, the Colonnade, the Domes and the Enceladus.
- Shows in the garden have their own costs.
- You can hire bikes and battery powered golf carts to get around the palace ground. Ask a staff member.
The musical fountain shows (EUR 9 not including Passport) are held on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from 5 April to 26 October 2014.
- Tuesdays from 20 May to 24 June 2014.
- As well as on some additional dates (Friday 18 April, Thursday 8 May, Thursday 29 May and Friday 15 August 2014).
- At 11:00 am to 12:00 pm; 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm ( 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays).
The Fountains Night Show (EUR 24) is held:
- In front of the Grand Canal.
- Every Saturday from 21 June to 13 September 2014.
- Water features from 9:05 to 10:55 pm.
- The fireworks display starts at around 11:00 pm.
Musical Garden Show (EUR 8 not counting Passport) is held:
- Tuesdays from 1 April to 13 May.
- Tuesdays from 1st July to 28 October.
- From 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- Nearby Public Transports: None Available; Get there on foot
- Cafe at Garden Entrance
- La Flotille and La Petite Venise
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Versailles include Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
85.8% of people start their Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
82.35% of people prefer walking in order to reach Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
It takes nearly an hour from Paris to reach here via metro. Then walk a km or so from station. The palace is huge and looks magnanimous when you see from a distance. But do reach early as the queue get quite huge here and we had to stand for nearly 2 hours in direct sun to enter when we went around 1 in afternoon. There is so much rush that you hardly get to properly see and admire anything. There were different rooms like hall of mirrors, royal apartments, etc. with beds, paintings, crockery, views of the garden etc inside the palace. The entrance to garden was also included and the gardens are spread across a huge area. It will take a lot of time to go through all the garden area. Preferably go to some part and spend time near the fountain for considerable amount. There are cafes also inside the gardens where you can grab some quick bites. Do wear comfortable shoes as you will have to do a lot of walking.
Free to enter. Big rather than pretty. Almost worth a visit but with limited time you're better off staying in Paris. Don't waste your money to go inside the house, just look from outside. Good garden but disappointing interior.
The gardens are gigantic. There will be lots of walking, but if you like being outdoors and peacefully roaming well-maintained greenery, this is the place for you. The fountain shows are very nice and the statues are very intricate. I liked the gardens a lot more than the castle itself.
A must visit while in Paris for a few days. It's easy to get here with the RER - C trains. The garden also has golf carts for rentals which is great for the elderly and the disabled. Walk down the path to the canal and you can rent a row boat at 13EU per 30min. Suggest to buy your palace tickets in advance to avoid the 2 hour wait line. Enjoy.
The palace itself is amazing and the well maintained gardens are absolutely spectacular. Can take the whole day if you wish to visit everything. So much history in this place, absolutely magnificent! It was the highlight of our visit to Paris. However, be patient and book your tickets online in order to avoid the lengthy queue. Also, be prepared for long walks if you want to enjoy the stunning gardens.