Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park3123 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-130837800
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Palace, Family And Kids
800 hectares of classical French Gardens.They really do stand separately from the palace as an attraction in their own right – they’re one of the most beautiful examples of landscaping known to man and receive over 6 million visitors a year (as much as the Louvre). If the beautifully kept grass and the tens of thousands of flowers weren’t enough, the garden’s charm is further demonstrated by its spectacular musical fountains. In the night, the music is added to by a spectacular light show.
List of fountains to check:
- Neptune (99 spectacular water effects composition)
- Dragon (27 metre high water jet)
- Nymph’s Bath
Then there’s the Orangerie, a beautiful and symmetric citrus garden with 1055 trees, some of which are over 200 years old; the sculptures of America, the Seasons, the Sun Vase and the Rivers; walks like The Fountain Walk, The Green Carpet Royal Walk and the Water Walk; the mile long Grand Canal; and finally the enchanting groves: the Queen’s Grove, the Girandole Grove, the Ballroom, the King’s Garden, the Colonnade, the Domes and the Enceladus.
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Travel Tips
- Shows in the garden have their own costs.
- You can hire bikes and battery powered golf carts to get around the palace ground. Ask a staff member.
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Hours
The musical fountain shows (EUR 9 not including Passport) are held on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from 5 April to 26 October 2014.
- Tuesdays from 20 May to 24 June 2014.
- As well as on some additional dates (Friday 18 April, Thursday 8 May, Thursday 29 May and Friday 15 August 2014).
- At 11:00 am to 12:00 pm; 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm ( 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays).
The Fountains Night Show (EUR 24) is held:
- In front of the Grand Canal.
- Every Saturday from 21 June to 13 September 2014.
- Water features from 9:05 to 10:55 pm.
- The fireworks display starts at around 11:00 pm.
Musical Garden Show (EUR 8 not counting Passport) is held:
- Tuesdays from 1 April to 13 May.
- Tuesdays from 1st July to 28 October.
- From 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
How to Reach Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
- Nearby Public Transports: None Available; Get there on foot
- Cafe at Garden Entrance
- La Flotille and La Petite Venise
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Versailles include Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
85.8% of people start their Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
82.35% of people prefer walking in order to reach Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park
Chteau De Versailles Gardens And Park Reviews & Ratings
We will be visiting on Wednesday Sept 4th early? What is earliest time to enter Gardens & rent a golf cart?Answer Report Abuse
The gardens usually open from 8 in the morning but I am not sure about renting a golf cart. I would suggest enquiring about that at the Chateau De Versailles directly.Report Abuse