The Grand Trianon13906 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Porte Saint-Antoine, 78000 Versailles, France
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-130837800
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Grand Trianon is considered to be the most beautiful of all the buildings in Versaille. The pavilion here was first made of porcelain (1670), which upon deterioration was changed to marble(1708). It’s second form was a favourite residence of the French king and his secret wife, and over the years it hosted other royalty too – the Grand Dauphin, the Duchess of Burgundy, the Dowager Duchess of Orleans and member of her family, the Duchess of Bourbon, Peter the Great and of course, Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette. Heck, Even Napoleon and his wife stayed here for a bit. It was within these halls that the Treaty of Trianon was signed in 1920, and Hungary left with less than a third it’s land from pre-WWI.
It’s one of the greatest examples of French Baroque architecture in the world, but visitors are also deeply struck by it’s geometric French Gardens.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Grand Trianon
- EUR 6 for Members or holders of a Museum of Fine Arts in Arras, Members corporations friends national museums ,Holders discount card for large family, Visitors paying the entrance fee with vouchers holiday.
- Ticket is for both the Trianons and Hameau de la Reine (Marie-Antoinette’s Estate).
- Free for children under 18, under 26 years residents of the European Union, schools, people with disabilities and their companions.
- Free first Sunday of every Month.
- Free with the Paris Museum Pass.
How to Reach The Grand Trianon
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Versailles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Versailles and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Versailles include The Grand Trianon in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
86.73% of people start their The Grand Trianon visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Grand Trianon
94.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Grand Trianon