Plein Ciel TowerCurrently Open
- Address: Mont Pelerin, Vevey, Switzerland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 14 CHF
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids, Tower
Located on the Mont Pelerin (1080 meters altitude), telecommunications tower Plein Ciel is one of the tallest towers in Europe. It measures 123 meters high. You can take the elevator ride too which is 5 CHF. To climb to the tower, start a walk of around 3 kilometers for vertical drop of 300 meters. Along the way, take time to admire the panoramic view of the Lavaux vineyards, and the town of Vevey.
The tower is open from Easter to October and you can also choose to go up by lift. The climb although by lift is charged for and it’s always better to go climbing yourself.
Plein Ciel Tower Travel Tips
- Be medically fit to take the hike.
- Keep yourself stocked with water.
- Can be visited anytime.
How to Reach Plein Ciel Tower
From Vevey train station
- Take the vineyard train and stop at “Vevey- Funi" .
- Take bus No. 201 from any bus stop and stop at “Vevey funicular “.
- Then take the funicular "Vevey - Chardonne - Mont Pelerin " to Mont Pelerin.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vevey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vevey and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.89% of people who visit Vevey include Plein Ciel Tower in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
28.57% of people start their Plein Ciel Tower visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Plein Ciel Tower
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plein Ciel Tower