Swiss Museum Of Cameras, Vevey
About Swiss Museum Of Cameras, Vevey
Swiss Museum Of Cameras, Vevey - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Grande Place 99, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 9 CHF
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 2.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
An extraordinary specialty museum that displays the historical backdrop of the advancement of photography from the most initial days to the present day digitized working. Here you will find heavenly displays and intriguing coverage of the numerous assorted aspects of camera as a tool of art.
Make sure to allot a considerable duration to visit this historical center, and request a free sound aide on landing. These are exceptionally detailed and exhausting (an in-depth story for each display). You will basically find everything from a camera obscura (remember your physics experiments in school?) to the modern day digital cameras.
Swiss Museum Of Cameras Information
- Do not touch the cameras as they are very old.
- Go with ample amount of time.
- Take an audio aid for a more enhanced experience.
- A photograph of your group will be offered to you at the end. It will be sent to you by mail.
Swiss Museum Of Cameras Ticket Prices
Exhibitions Entry Price
- Adults : 9 CHF
- Reductions : 7 CHF
- Up to 18 years : free
Exhibitions entry price and laboratory- On Saturdays, Sundays, public and school holidays
- Adults : 16 CHF
- Reductions : 14 CHF
- Up to 18 years : 7 CHF
- Guided visit and laboratory, duration: 1:45 hour: 150 CHF (max. 12 students,1 team leader) 200 CHF (2 team leaders).
- Laboratory and free visit, duration: 1:45 hour: 125 CHF (This proposal is only in french).
- Laterna magica - From 5 years old, duration 45 min: 75 CHF.
- Discovery guided visit for schools, duration 45 min: 75 CHF.
- The "Observation visit" for schools, duration 1:30 hour: 125 CHF (This proposal is only in french).
Swiss Museum Of Cameras Opening and Closing Hours
- Special visits arranged for 100 CHF an hour.
How To reach Swiss Museum Of Cameras by Public Transport
- Rental cars and free bikes are available from the station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vevey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vevey and book an accommodation of your choice.
Swiss Museum Of Cameras, Vevey Reviews - Write a Review
Great museum for photography taking you through the ages up to modern day. Two stars lost since no English throughout whole exhibition and not many photos or commentary on photographers.
Very nice collection and cameras and photographic history. Not a huge camera collection, but the cameras were very nicely displayed and the historic timeline was accurate and quite interesting. Don't miss the video discussing various photographic processes on the lower floor. Not something you would want to take a child to, or an adult with little interest in photography. As a photographer for over 50 years I loved it!
Not so big so don't plan too many hours for it, except if you're passionate into photography in general and expect to pay attention to every detail in their collection, which is huge. From beginnings of image capture and evolution of camera to digital and photo editing. However for the price it's preferable to attend on a free open-door day or with a voucher.
Very interesting museum for people who are interested in the history of cameras.
If you are into photography, it is a must. Great selection of historic cameras plus good explanation.