Swiss Museum Of GamesCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Musee Suisse du Jeu, Au Chateau Case postale 9, 1814 La Tour-de-Peilz, Vevey, Switzerland
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +41-219772300
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Outdoors, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum, Games
Swiss Museum Of Games - Review
With a lovely hall and chateau downstairs, this place has a variety of games to offers on the top floor. You can literally spend days here. You can not only learn about every other game but also play the games. This museum keeps you and your kids entertained.
It has games from pre historic times, the most initial source of entertainment to what they have evolved into now. There are categories of games like religion, money- so on and so forth. One of the most fascinating things about this museum is the games it has based on world war 1- it gives you an insight into the attitudes adopted by different countries.
Swiss Museum Of Games Information
- Do not touch any item on display.
- Do not carry eatables inside.
- Take extra care when carrying kids around.
- The Museum is accessible to people with reduced mobility, a companion ticket is provided free of charge.
- Pushchairs are not allowed in the exhibition area, there is a space to leave them at the entrance of the Museum.
- For tours, workshops and groups of more than 10 people, preliminary booking is compulsory.
Swiss Museum Of Games Ticket Prices
- Adult- 9 CHF
- Senior citizens, students, apprentices, job seekers, La Tour-de-Peilz and Ornans residents-6 CHF.
- Children from 6-16 years old- 3 CHF
- Below 6 years- Free entry
- SCHOOLS for pupils over 7 years old
- 15 people- CHF 100
- 30 people- CHF 150
Thematic workshop (1h30,in)
- 12 people- CHF 125
- 24 people- CHF 200
- 15 people- CHF 150
- 30 people- CHF 200
Thematic workshop (1h30min)
- 12 people- CHF 175
- 24 people- CHF 250
Swiss Museum Of Games Hours
- For Museum visits out of opening hours, please contact the authority.
How To reach Swiss Museum Of Games by Public Transport
- 1Free bikes, rental cars are available from the station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vevey before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vevey and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Swiss Museum Of Games
89.4% of people who visit Vevey include Swiss Museum Of Games in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
51.85% of people start their Swiss Museum Of Games visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Swiss Museum Of Games
61.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Swiss Museum Of Games
Swiss Museum Of Games Trips
Swiss Museum Of Games, Vevey Reviews
I really like this museum...but I also really like games! This museum is situated in an old castle on a beautiful viewpoint in Vevey by the lake. It's worth visiting, if only for the view. The museum takes up three floors, and so there are stairs. There is an elevator for wheelchairs and strollers. The strollers are not permitted in the museum so bring a baby carrier. The museum explains the histories of different games, has lots of games for visitors to learn and play, and has game rooms on two floors. We played several of the games from Mancala, to darts, to the pin ball table. The shop has lots of games to buy and take home. So, if you are looking for a particular game, they may sell it here. They carry French language versions of games only. Overall, great museum and especially worth visiting with children eight and up who can enjoy playing all the games.
It's small but if you like games it's a treat. And the chateau has a pleasant casual courtyard restaurant.
Interesting exhibit of older games, but very few of the games if the last 20 odd years are featured. May not take photographs in the museum either.
It is not much of a "museum", though it has a cute collection of the old games and some interesting historical facts. We liked it a lot mostly because of the second floor where you can actually play and discover new games. A great family time especially if you are into the board games.
Great place to try out board games, recommended for children and adults. Also has a nice tower with a fantastic view over the lake.