Are you looking for what to do in Vevey?
WHAT TO SEE
- Nestle Headquarters (Palais Nestle): All of us have had a connection to Nestle in some or the other way. Nestle was founded in Vevey and still has its headquarters situated in this town. When you are here, definitely you should visit the 6th floor where all the products are put on display.
- Musee l'Histoire de Vevey: All the websites and books dedicated to the history put together also cannot do justice to the rich history of Vevey the way this Museum single handedly does. If you are someone who loves to explore new cultures and learn about them right from the scratch, this definitely is the best place for you in Vevey.
- Charlie Chaplin statue: He made us laugh as easily as he made us cry. It is only fitting to visit Vevey where Charlie Chaplin spent the latter half of his life with his wife and kids. The town has dedicated a statue just by the lakeside in his memory. Be ready for a trip of nostalgia with an added perk of an extremely mesmerizing view while visiting this statue.
- Alimentarium– Food Museum (Nestle): As established, the town is known for housing Nestle headquarters. Nestle went a step ahead and made the first world food museum dedicated to the town. Food lover? Do not give this place a miss.
- Villa Le Lac: If you feel this place is just another Villa, definitely check out the architect who made it for his parents. Even if you are not a big fan of architecture, you would still come out wanting a replica of a house like this for yourself.
- Plein Ciel- Mt Pelerin TV Tower & Lookout: If hiking is your thing, then Mt. Pelerin should be your priority. There are various ways to get to the TV Tower. It is strongly recommended you include visiting Mt. Pelerin in your itinerary while at Vevey or Montreux.
- Church of St Varvara: It is one of the oldest churches in the city. It is a Russian Orthodox Church and you should visit to experience the peace and calmness it offers.
- Jenisch Arts and Cantonal Stamp Museum: This museum for one holds the maximum exhibitions in the whole of Vevey. Each exhibition is better than the previous one. If you happen to visit during an exhibition, then consider yourself really lucky. Otherwise even a normal visit is quite rewarding.
- Lavaux Golf Club: Spread over lush green grass, Lavaux Golf Club offers a great time for adults and kids alike. Ideally located between Lausanne and Montreux, a range of drive of Lake Geneva and the Lavaux vineyards, Lavaux Golf club has a very attractive environment.
- Eglise Notre Dame: Stain Glass paintings is the highlight of Eglise Notre Dame. It is a visual treat not only for people close to the religion or who would like to see every church in the world, but also for art lovers.
- Swiss Camera Museum (Musee Suisse de l'Appareil Photographique): This place displays every kind of camera ever created in the history of cameras. From the old school Camera Obscura to the most recent Digital cameras, everything can be found here.
- Swiss Museum of Games: This museum is going to be a hit with kids and fun loving adults. Taboo and Pictionary are clichéd now, you should visit Swiss museum of games to explore games from pre historic times to what they have developed into now.
THINGS TO DO
- The views and environment on the Mont Pelerin are great; yet do take the hike to its summit where the TV tower is found. It takes more than an hour to arrive, following a path through the rural area; here and there it is somewhat messy but nothing troublesome. It ensures breathtaking aerial views of the Alps, Vevey and Montreux.
- Take a walk through the old town for sure and attend the Street festivals that happen annually. Try to catch an exhibition in either Jenisch Arts museum or Museum of Cameras.
Below we have a list of things to do in Vevey and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Vevey getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Vevey with confidence.