Are you looking for what to do in Vicenza?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
Palladio’s Works: Vicenza is known for the projects of Palladio. It houses twenty-three works done by Palladio during his lifetime. And these are a must see when you visit Vicenza. Especially these famous ones.
- Villa Almerico Capra, situated outside the downtown area.
- Basilica Palladiana, located in Vicenza's Piazza dei Signori.
- Teatro Olimpico, constructed in 1580, when Palladio died. Vincenzo Scamozzi created the wooden scenes.
- Palazzo Chiericati houses the Town pinacotheca;
- Palazzo Barbaran da Porto, where the Museo Palladio is situated.
- Palazzo del Capitaniato, the Town council;
- Palazzo Porto
- Palazzo Thiene Bonin Longare
- Villa Gazzotti Grimani, in frazione Bertesina.
Cathedral of Vicenza: An 11th century church restored back after the World War II, it includes numerous paintings and sculptures by Vicentine artists.
Basilica Sanctuary of St. Mary of Monte Berico: Two churches built in different periods in Gothic and Baroque style respectively, commemorating apparitions of Our Lady to Vincenza Pasini.
Basilica of Santi Felice and Fortunato: A basilica within a cemetery, built in the 4th century. It houses the remains of martyrs Felice and Fortunato.
- Ambrosini Autoservizi: A private bus tour around the ancient city. Strada Marosticana, 82, 36100 Vicenza, Italy. Phone: 0444922076
Below we have a list of things to do in Vicenza and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Vicenza getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Vicenza with confidence.