Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria314 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1040 Moss St, Victoria, BC V8V 4P1 Canada
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2503844171
- Ticket Price: 13 CAD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Outdoors, Exhibition
One of the most significant galleries in Canada, the Art Gallery of Victoria has a vast collection of Asian art. It is home to numerous exhibits and also houses the works of notable artist, Emily Carr. The grounds of the gallery have an Asian garden that houses the only authentic Shinto shrine outside of Japan. Notable items on display include one of the largest collections of amber and ivory carvings and a Ming dynasty Chinese bell that was cast in 1641. The Gallery Gif shop is also worth a stop as it sells several handmade items like pottery, crafts and artwork.
Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria Travel Tips
- Admission is by donation on the first Tuesday of every month.
- There is also a gift shop located in the front lobby.
Entrance Ticket Details For Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria
- Senior (65 years)- $11, Student (with ID)- $11.
- Youth (6-17 years): Free while BC schools remain closed, regular rate $2.50.
- Entry is free for Child under five years.
- Family (2 adults + youth): $28
Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria Hours
- Monday (Sept. 8, 2014 - May 11, 2015) Closed.
- Remembrance Day Tues, November 11, 2014 12pm - 5pm.
- Christmas Eve Wed, December 24, 2014 10am - 2pm.
- Boxing Day Fri, December 26, 2014 12pm - 5pm.
- New Year's Eve Wed, December 31, 2014 10am - 2pm.
- New Years Day Thurs, January 1, 2015 12pm - 5pm.
- Good Friday Fri, April 3, 2015 12pm-5pm.
- Victoria Day Mon, May 18, 2015 12pm-5pm.
- Canada Day Wed, July 1, 2015 12pm-5pm.
- BC Day Mon, August 3, 2015 12pm-5pm.
- Labour Day Mon, September 7, 2015 12pm-5pm.
- Remembrance Day Wed, November 11, 2015 12pm-5pm.
How to Reach Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria
- Bus No 11, 14, 15
- Ithaka Greek Restaurant
- Blue Fox Cafe
- Cafe Brio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Victoria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Victoria and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.97% of people who visit Victoria include Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.96% of people start their Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria
81.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Art Gallery Of Greater Victoria