Butchart Gardens, VictoriaCurrently Open
- Address: 800 Benvenuto Ave, Brentwood Bay, BC V8M 1J8, Canada, Victoria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2506524422
- Ticket Price: 32 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
About Butchart Gardens, Victoria
The world famous Butchart Gardens are located near Victoria and are the most popular tourist attraction for tourists and locals in the city. In 2004 the gardens were designated as a National Historic Site of Canada owing to their popularity. The lush green area is filled with natural wonders from themes gardens and exotic plants to beautiful fountains, and an ice skating rink in winter. The Sunken Garden, Rose Garden and Japanese Garden are the major highlight here. Also worth seeing are the Night Illuminations and Firework Saturdays in the summer. Other themed gardens include the Italian Garden and the Mediterranean Garden. There are special rates, timings, and events each month so check the perfect time to visit when you’re there!
Butchart Gardens Information
- In the Summer, your general admission includes access to performances on the Concert Lawn and Firework Saturdays.
- Rose Carousel closes 1/2 hour after the admission gate closes.
- There is a no smoking policy throughout The Gardens, however they have two designated smoking areas.
- All public areas are accessible by wheelchair, except for a viewpoint area within the Sunken Garden known as "The Mound", and the wharf and the gravel path leading to it from the wharf viewpoint.
- Only motorized or standard wheelchairs are permitted.
- Bike Racks and Car Parking is available free of charge.
Butchart Gardens Ticket Prices
- For Adult from $17.40 to $31.45, Youth (13-17) from $8.70 to $15.75, child (5-12) from $2.00 to $3.00 and For Groups (25 or more) from $15.60 to $28.31.
- All Ticket Prices vary with the months.
How To reach Butchart Gardens by Public Transport
- Public Transit Bus Routes: 75, 81
Restaurants Near Butchart Gardens
- The Dining Room Restaurant
- Blue Poppy Restaurant
- Blue's Bayou Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Victoria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Victoria and book an accommodation of your choice.
Butchart Gardens Sightseeing Tours
Butchart Gardens Cruises
Butchart Gardens Tickets & Passes
Butchart Gardens Family Friendly Tours
Butchart Gardens, Victoria Reviews
Probably the best decision to get high tea here. We visited the gardens and were told at guest services there are no reservations. We did a walk in and they told us we can be seated at noon which was amazing. We got a garden facing table indoors and AC was needed as it was a hot day. We went with the high tea with wine pairing and every thing was excellent. They also offered to switch non veg items to vegetarian for one person. Scones, pastries and excellent selection of tea. Must try while you are there!
I went in 2013 and the food was horrible my wife also agreed ( maybe the worst ever ). We just went jan 2018 and to our surprise we both agree that it was the best restaurant we both have ever ate at!!! Must have been a change in managment. Like night and day.. We have already decided we will be driving next year all the way from nanaimo to eat there again. :)
I had a high tea with my friend. We heard what the staff is telling other customers to describe of food. However, she didn't tell us explaining the food at all and how to enjoy the high tea. The service is abysmal and that was the worst food ever.
The Tuna appetizer was amazing. The steak meal had a great flavor. Their desert drinks were a nice finish to the meal.
This was our second time having dinner here, but our third time in the dining room (the other time was for tea). Dinner never ceases to impress. From a well curated wine list to amazingly fresh and well crafted entrees, you will not want to miss this stop in the gardens. Book ahead so you're sure to get a seat! This tourist-attraction dining room is on-par with the quality of food put out by Disney's Club 33. Otherwise there are no other dining rooms like this in tourist destinations that match the quality. Visited August 2015