Butchart GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: 800 Benvenuto Ave, Brentwood Bay, BC V8M 1J8, Canada, Victoria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2506524422
- Ticket Price: 32 CAD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Butchart Gardens - Review
The world famous Butchart Gardens are located near Victoria and are the most popular tourist attraction for tourists and locals in the city. In 2004 the gardens were designated as a National Historic Site of Canada owing to their popularity. The lush green area is filled with natural wonders from themes gardens and exotic plants to beautiful fountains, and an ice skating rink in winter. The Sunken Garden, Rose Garden and Japanese Garden are the major highlight here. Also worth seeing are the Night Illuminations and Firework Saturdays in the summer. Other themed gardens include the Italian Garden and the Mediterranean Garden. There are special rates, timings, and events each month so check the perfect time to visit when you’re there!
Butchart Gardens Information
- In the Summer, your general admission includes access to performances on the Concert Lawn and Firework Saturdays.
- Rose Carousel closes 1/2 hour after the admission gate closes.
- There is a no smoking policy throughout The Gardens, however they have two designated smoking areas.
- All public areas are accessible by wheelchair, except for a viewpoint area within the Sunken Garden known as "The Mound", and the wharf and the gravel path leading to it from the wharf viewpoint.
- Only motorized or standard wheelchairs are permitted.
- Bike Racks and Car Parking is available free of charge.
Butchart Gardens Ticket Prices
- For Adult from $17.40 to $31.45, Youth (13-17) from $8.70 to $15.75, child (5-12) from $2.00 to $3.00 and For Groups (25 or more) from $15.60 to $28.31.
- All Ticket Prices vary with the months.
How To reach Butchart Gardens by Public Transport
- Public Transit Bus Routes: 75, 81
Restaurants Near Butchart Gardens
- The Dining Room Restaurant
- Blue Poppy Restaurant
- Blue's Bayou Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Victoria before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Victoria and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Butchart Gardens
95% of people who visit Victoria include Butchart Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
54.58% of people start their Butchart Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Butchart Gardens
93.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Butchart Gardens
Butchart Gardens Sightseeing Tours
Butchart Gardens Cruises
Butchart Gardens Tickets & Passes
Butchart Gardens Family Friendly Tours
Butchart Gardens Aerial Tours
Butchart Gardens Map
Butchart Gardens Trips
Butchart Gardens, Victoria Reviews
My daughter took me here for a belated Mother's Day treat. High Tea was wonderful! So many tasty and lovely treats. Quite memorable as we looked outside the window onto the adjoining garden sipping tea and guessing what the next treat would bring. I would definitely make another trek out to Victoria's Butchart Gardens.
Best place for High Tea or Afternoon Tea. Pick your tea and enjoy some sandwiches, biscuits, cookies, cakes, fruit, and chocolate. Amazing flavors and impeccable presentation. I ordered the Earl Grey tea. My personal favorite. Tea at Butchart Gardens is alwasy a pleasant and memorable experience.
I went for high tea...very delicious...ambiance nice....but $$$.. And If you factor in price of admission...very $$$$. (i have a season pass and with that you get a bit of a discount)
Not a bad afternoon tea but total fail on the cream. The most important part of a cream tea is the clotted cream with the scones; they served sweet whipped cream, that tasted like it came out of a spray can. For this price, serve some real clotted or devon cream please, or at least make an effort to do something similar. Not sweetening the cream would be a start.
Love it!! Great experience with food and high tea sitting in a quaint garden.