How to Reach Victoria, Canada
The Easiest Way to Reach Victoria
HOW TO GET TO VICTORIA
- By Boat/ Cruise/ Ferry: The best way to get to Victoria is by BC Ferries from mainland Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, 27km north of Victoria via Highway 17. Services run every alternate hour between 7AM and 9PM during the winter and every hour during the summer. The ride takes about 1 hour and 35 minutes. One can also take the Victoria Clipper, a fast catamaran ferry from Seattle, Washington once a day in winter and thrice a day in summer. The Black Ball Ferry Line operates a passenger and vehicle ferry from Port Angeles, Washington via the Strait of Juan de Fuca which runs all round the year. In the months between April and October over 200 cruises to Victoria dock at Ogden Point Cruise Ship Terminal bringing hordes of visitors to the city.
- By Air: The Victoria International Airport services the city and is located 30 minutes north of Victoria. Several airlines operate flights to Victoria from within Canada and the United States.
- By Bus: You can reach Victoria by bus from various points in Vancouver as well as Seattle. Some buses take the BC Ferries to Victoria, letting you enjoy the ferry ride and save the trouble of finding transportation upon arrival. Greyhound, Pacific Coach and Tofino, all run buses to Victoria.
HOW TO GET AROUND VICTORIA
- On Foot: It is a fun way to explore the downtown area of Victoria. People are respectful of pedestrians and give way.
- By Bus: BC Transit buses are the main form of public transportation in Victoria. Victoria is one of the few cities that still uses double decker buses in North America.
- By Car: Rental cars are easily available in Victoria. All major companies such as Avis, Hertz, Budget, and Enterprise, offer car rental services here.
- By Bike: Victoria is said to have the most bike lanes among cities in Canada. The mild weather makes it an easy to use mode of transport and bike rentals are available throughout the city.
Are you looking for a Victoria travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Victoria
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Victoria. The most preferred mode of transport in Victoria is Car.
Average distance: 13.54 km Average time: 30.7 min
Car 62.5%Driving 28.35 min Walking 0.6 min Overall average time for 17.8 kms 28.95 min
Bike 9.38%Bike 18.33 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 6.67 kms 20 min
Walking 15.63%Walking 39 min Driving 6 min Overall average time for 3.86 kms 45 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.25%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 28.5 min
How to Reach Victoria from Nearby Cities
|Port Angeles to Victoria||20.31 km||20 mins|
|Port Townsend to Victoria||69.86 km||1 hour 9 mins|
|Oak Harbor to Victoria||80.7 km||1 hour 20 mins|
|Anacortes to Victoria||83.83 km||1 hour 23 mins|
- How to reach Vancouver
- How to reach Belcarra
- How to reach Coquitlam
- How to reach Errington
- How to reach Halfmoon Bay
- How to reach Port Alberni
- How to reach Squamish
- How to reach Gillies Bay
- How to reach Van Anda
- How to reach Montreal
- How to reach Toronto
- How to reach Ottawa
- How to reach Niagara Falls
- How to reach Windsor
- How to reach Sault Ste. Marie