How to Reach Victoria
The Easiest Way to Reach Victoria
HOW TO GET TO VICTORIA
- By Boat/ Cruise/ Ferry: The best way to get to Victoria is by BC Ferries from mainland Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay, 27km north of Victoria via Highway 17. Services run every alternate hour between 7AM and 9PM during the winter and every hour during the summer. The ride takes about 1 hour and 35 minutes. One can also take the Victoria Clipper, a fast catamaran ferry from Seattle, Washington once a day in winter and thrice a day in summer. The Black Ball Ferry Line operates a passenger and vehicle ferry from Port Angeles, Washington via the Strait of Juan de Fuca which runs all round the year. In the months between April and October over 200 cruises to Victoria dock at Ogden Point Cruise Ship Terminal bringing hordes of visitors to the city.
- By Air: The Victoria International Airport services the city and is located 30 minutes north of Victoria. Several airlines operate flights to Victoria from within Canada and the United States.
- By Bus: You can reach Victoria by bus from various points in Vancouver as well as Seattle. Some buses take the BC Ferries to Victoria, letting you enjoy the ferry ride and save the trouble of finding transportation upon arrival. Greyhound, Pacific Coach and Tofino, all run buses to Victoria.
HOW TO GET AROUND VICTORIA
- On Foot: It is a fun way to explore the downtown area of Victoria. People are respectful of pedestrians and give way.
- By Bus: BC Transit buses are the main form of public transportation in Victoria. Victoria is one of the few cities that still uses double decker buses in North America.
- By Car: Rental cars are easily available in Victoria. All major companies such as Avis, Hertz, Budget, and Enterprise, offer car rental services here.
- By Bike: Victoria is said to have the most bike lanes among cities in Canada. The mild weather makes it an easy to use mode of transport and bike rentals are available throughout the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Victoria and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Victoria
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Victoria. The most preferred mode of transport in Victoria is Car.
Average distance: 14.28 km Average time: 32.07 min
Car 62.07%Driving 30 min Walking 0.67 min Overall average time for 18.79 kms 30.67 min
Bike 10.34%Bike 18.33 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 6.67 kms 20 min
Walking 13.79%Walking 43.75 min Driving 5.5 min Overall average time for 4.08 kms 49.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.9%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 28.5 min
- How to reach Cities Near Victoria
- How to reach Lazo
- How to reach Zeballos
- How to reach Malahat
- How to reach Belcarra
- How to reach Van Anda
- How to reach Cowichan Bay
- How to reach Surge Narrows
- How to reach Whaletown
- How to reach Oak Bay
- How to reach Sunshine Valley
- How to reach Blind Channel
- How to reach Furry Creek
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Onaway
- How to reach Hayward
- How to reach Harvard
- How to reach Mills River
- How to reach York
- How to reach Melrose
- How to reach Woking
- How to reach Sikindalapur
- How to reach Hyder
- How to reach Wednesbury