Vienna has been defined not only as a beautiful city. Rather it has also been defined as the center for 3 C’s – culture, coffee and classical music. Replete with museums, palaces and churches, the city has also proved itself as an ideal example of brilliant architecture. However, Vienna is not only about being ancient and traditional in nature. Rather the city also has a young pulsating side which needs to be explored. Going beyond the first districts of the city will let you see the young, free spirited soul of the city. It is a city where the Old World and the New come together in a lovely amalgam.
If history is your favorite subject, visit the districts dotted with historical buildings like St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Hofburg Palace and so on. If art attracts you, do not miss the famous Museums quartier and the Belvedere Palace to learn about the history and art of Vienna. For music lovers, Rathaus or City Hall is the place you should head off to.
For the bohemians, Vienna offers the region near Danube Canal where you visit a street that is entirely devoted to the carefree street artists. A tour on the street let you understand what street art is all about.
Now, while taking a tour around the city you might start feeling hungry and for that, Vienna’s coffeehouses ‘Kaffeehauses’ are there for you. A cup of hot coffee topped with cream and paired up with confectionary is enough to give you ‘heavenly’ feel. Else fresh food markets like Naschmarkt is there where you get fresh fruits, vegetables and even ready-to-eat authentic cuisines.
As the day comes to an end, take a wine tasting tour in the vineyards of Vienna.
With all this and many more things to do in Vienna, the city is sure to be a tourist hub to be reckoned with. Each one of you should visit Vienna at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Vienna.
Essential travel information and Vienna tips for your visit
- If you are visiting Vienna in summer, make the booking at least 2 months prior to your scheduled date.
- Time Zone: CEST (Central European Summer Time)
- Electricty and Internet: 220-240 volts; primary socket type is Schuko, Europlug. Free Wi-Fi access is available in hotels and some regions of the city.
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Languages: German is their official language. However, in the first district of Vienna, English is also spoken.
- Security: Fire service: 122, Police: 133, Ambulance / rescue: tel. 144, European emergency: tel. 112.
- Tourist traps: Be aware of fake ‘mozarts’ who claim to sell the tickets of the ‘best’ opera shows.
- Off-beaten Path: Visit the famous vineyard of Vienna and Heurigers to participate in the wine tasting tour.
- Customs: If you have a pet, feel free to bring them with you when you go to any Vienna’s restaurants.
Vienna Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Vienna. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Vienna trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Vienna
Save 5%Salzburg and Lake Region Small-Group Day-Trip from Vienna
12 Hrs38 Reviews
Save 7%Wachau Valley Small-Group Tour and Wine Tasting from Vienna
8 Hrs 30 Mins252 Reviews
Save 4%Melk Abbey and Danube Valley Day Trip from Vienna
8 Hrs 30 Mins1215 Reviews
Save 7%Vienna Mozart Concert at the Musikverein
2 Hrs337 Reviews
Save 6%Small-Group Food, Coffee, and Market Walking Tour in Vienna
4 Hrs56 Reviews
Save 4%Skip the Line:Concert in Vienna's St. Anne's Church:Mozart,Beethoven,or Schubert
1 Hr 10 Mins122 Reviews