- Address: Hoher Markt 10-11, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Off Beaten Path, Landmark, Bridge, Family And Kids
Ankeruhr - Review
An off the beaten path attraction, the Anker Clock is a very interesting and fascinating thing to see. Built and installed between 1911 and 1917, the clock bridges two administrative buildings of the Anker Insurance Company. The amazing thing about this clock is that over the course of twelve hours, every hour, when the clock strikes, a historical figure (or a couple of figures) moves across the bridge! A tune accompanying the figure can be heard. Every day at noon, all of the figures parade, each accompanied by music from its era.
- If you cannot make it for the 12 noon parade of figurines, make it a point to go see the clock when it strikes an hour.
How To reach Ankeruhr by Public Transport
- Stephansplatz subway stop
- Schwedenplatz subway stop
Restaurants Near Ankeruhr
- Christl Sedlar
- Martin Auer Brot
- Rafael Enukaschwili
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ankeruhr
18.13% of people who visit Vienna include Ankeruhr in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
27.54% of people start their Ankeruhr visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ankeruhr
52.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ankeruhr