Augustinian Church, Vienna
About Augustinian Church, Vienna
Augustinian Church, Vienna - Address, Phone Number
Address: Augustinerstraße 3, 1010 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 933 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Founded in 1327, the St. Augustine’s church is an imposing structure that served as imperial Hofpfarrkirche until 1918. This church is on immense historical importance as it has been host of numerous weddings of the imperial family. Some of the famous marriages have taken place over here such as that of Empress Maria Theresia who married Franz Stefan von Lothringen in 1736, Emperor Franz Joseph I who married “Sisi” in 1854, Crown Prince Rudolf who married Princess Stephanie in 1881 and even the French Emperor Napoleon who married the Austrian Princess Marie Louise here in 1810. Today, its attraction lies in the great music that emanates from here such as that of Mozart, Haydn and Schubert during High Mass.
Augustinian Church Ticket Prices
- Free entry
- Tickets of events cost 10€ to 25€, depending on the event.
Augustinian Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Coral Mass: Sundays at 11:00am
- Concerts: End of May to end of September on Fridays at 7:30pm.
How To reach Augustinian Church by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Stephansplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Augustinian Church, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
A nice church with impresive interior
Lovely church with a fascinating interior.
A great spot for photographs but respect the worshipers.
Beautiful interior with dramatic sculpture and alter. A church worth a visit.
It's simply beautiful.
- Nearby Attractions
- Meininger Hotel Wien Hauptbahnhof
- Bitzinger's Sausage Stand At Albertina
- Hotel Sacher Wien
- Lenas West Hotel
- Le Méridien Vienna
- Hotel Tourotel Mariahilf Wien
- Hotel Mercure Josefshof Wien Am Rathaus
- Hotel Europahaus
- Schick Hotel Capricorno
- Hermes Boutique
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna