Augustinian Church71 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Augustinerstraße 3, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-15337099
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
Founded in 1327, the St. Augustine’s church is an imposing structure that served as imperial Hofpfarrkirche until 1918. This church is on immense historical importance as it has been host of numerous weddings of the imperial family. Some of the famous marriages have taken place over here such as that of Empress Maria Theresia who married Franz Stefan von Lothringen in 1736, Emperor Franz Joseph I who married “Sisi” in 1854, Crown Prince Rudolf who married Princess Stephanie in 1881 and even the French Emperor Napoleon who married the Austrian Princess Marie Louise here in 1810. Today, its attraction lies in the great music that emanates from here such as that of Mozart, Haydn and Schubert during High Mass.
Entrance Ticket Details For Augustinian Church
- Free entry
- Tickets of events cost 10€ to 25€, depending on the event.
Augustinian Church Hours
- Coral Mass: Sundays at 11:00am
- Concerts: End of May to end of September on Fridays at 7:30pm.
How to Reach Augustinian Church
- By Subway station: Stephansplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Augustinian Church Address: Augustinerstraße 3, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Augustinian Church Contact Number: +43-15337099
- Augustinian Church Timing: 07:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Time required to visit Augustinian Church: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.47% of people who visit Vienna include Augustinian Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50% of people start their Augustinian Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Augustinian Church
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Augustinian Church
People normally club together Mariahilfer Strasse and Danube Bike Path while planning their visit to Augustinian Church.