Blutgasse DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: Blutgasse, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Neighborhoods
The Blutgasse District is one of the oldest and most interesting parts of the city of Vienna. The medieval houses present there were restored and improved in 1965 in an excellent historical fashion. The name ‘Blutgasse’ means Blood Lane! According to legend, when the French Chivalric Order of Knights Templar was dissolved, many templars were slain here and the lane ran red with their blood! Today however, one can find art galleries, quaint cafes and a bit of history in these lanes. Another attraction over here are the ‘Durchhauser’ (passage houses).
Blutgasse District Travel Tips
- Guided tours of the district are available with local tour operators.
How to Reach Blutgasse District
- Stephansplatz stop
- Plenty of restaurants and cafes are present along the tiny lanes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Blutgasse District Address: Blutgasse, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Blutgasse District Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Blutgasse District: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.09% of people who visit Vienna include Blutgasse District in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
71.43% of people start their Blutgasse District visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Blutgasse District
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blutgasse District
People normally club together Kirche Am Steinhof and Haas Haus while planning their visit to Blutgasse District.