Blutgasse District, Vienna
About Blutgasse District, Vienna
Blutgasse District, Vienna - Address
Address: Blutgasse, 1010 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 5.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Blutgasse District is one of the oldest and most interesting parts of the city of Vienna. The medieval houses present there were restored and improved in 1965 in an excellent historical fashion. The name ‘Blutgasse’ means Blood Lane! According to legend, when the French Chivalric Order of Knights Templar was dissolved, many templars were slain here and the lane ran red with their blood! Today however, one can find art galleries, quaint cafes and a bit of history in these lanes. Another attraction over here are the ‘Durchhauser’ (passage houses).
Blutgasse District Information
- Guided tours of the district are available with local tour operators.
How To reach Blutgasse District by Public Transport
- Stephansplatz stop
Restaurants Near Blutgasse District
- Plenty of restaurants and cafes are present along the tiny lanes.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Blutgasse District, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Leonardo Hotel Vienna
- Hotel Altstadt Vienna
- Star Inn Hotel Wien Schönbrunn
- Hotel Mercure Wien Zentrum
- Cantinetta Antinori
- Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld
- Hotel Ibis Budget Wien Sankt Marx
- Hotel Atlanta
- Meininger Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna