Burgtheatre which is also known as K.K Theatre is the National theatre of Austrians in the city of Vienna. Burgtheatre is mainly regarded as the traditional stage for all the Austrians which exhibits a distinct culture of its own. Many of the well known actors like Sven-Eric Bechtolf, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Kirsten Dene, Andrea Clausen, Bruno Ganz, Karlheinz Hackl, Robert Meyer, Gertraud Jesserer and many more form a part of this National Burgtheatre.
People of Austria affectionately call this theatre as ‘Burg’. The theatre also has a magnificent building and the architectural design is of Italian high-Renaissance style. The theatre holds many classical plays, dramas, and contemporary pieces. Many guided tours are conducted with minimal entry fee.
- Mostly for art lovers and explorers.
- Main entrance no steps.
- Elevator facilities available.
- Wheelchair available on minimal fees with prior notice.
- Toilet facilities also available.
- Parking space is provided to visitors.
- Ticket-Prices Sunday through Thursday (according to the seat plan): € 59 | € 51| € 43| € 31 | € 22 | € 15| € 10 | € 7
- Ticket-Prices Friday, Saturday & Opening Nights (according to the seat plan): € 61| € 53 | € 45 | € 33| € 24| € 17| € 11| € 7,50
- Standing Room Tickets € 3,50
- The Burgtheater and all Venues are closed during July and August, daily guided tours in summer start at 3 p.m. in the hall of the main entrance inside the Burgtheater.
- Hilton Vienna Danube.
- Café Landtmann
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.96% of people who visit Vienna include Burgtheater in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.43% of people start their Burgtheater visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Burgtheater
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Burgtheater
It depends on you to how much enjoy the traditional places mostly art traditional. Actually i love it. So here was amazing for me. From entrance it was eye catching till exit. I recommend you to visit here. There are some places near here which must see them. They are attractive too. Have nice day
Architecturally interesting. Go for that. Guided tour pretty much unless if you don't speak German. You get a paper handout that is 30% of what is said. You think with all the tours each day they could also have an English translated for non Germans.
In the summer this turns into a club with free entry. The music is very different every night so check the schedule online before you go. It is connected to the Impulstanz festival. Some nights the music was amazing. Drinks are more pricey here. Any dress will do.
It looks really cool but it is quite windy outside so be with warm clothes if you are going in the cold months.
Nice place and good location in Vienna city