Burgtheater1623 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Universitatsring 2, 1010 Vienna., Austria
- Phone: +43-1514444140
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Entertainment, Theatre
Burgtheatre which is also known as K.K Theatre is the National theatre of Austrians in the city of Vienna. Burgtheatre is mainly regarded as the traditional stage for all the Austrians which exhibits a distinct culture of its own. Many of the well known actors like Sven-Eric Bechtolf, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Kirsten Dene, Andrea Clausen, Bruno Ganz, Karlheinz Hackl, Robert Meyer, Gertraud Jesserer and many more form a part of this National Burgtheatre.
People of Austria affectionately call this theatre as ‘Burg’. The theatre also has a magnificent building and the architectural design is of Italian high-Renaissance style. The theatre holds many classical plays, dramas, and contemporary pieces. Many guided tours are conducted with minimal entry fee.
Burgtheater Travel Tips
- Mostly for art lovers and explorers.
- Main entrance no steps.
- Elevator facilities available.
- Wheelchair available on minimal fees with prior notice.
- Toilet facilities also available.
- Parking space is provided to visitors.
Entrance Ticket Details For Burgtheater
- Ticket-Prices Sunday through Thursday (according to the seat plan): € 59 | € 51| € 43| € 31 | € 22 | € 15| € 10 | € 7
- Ticket-Prices Friday, Saturday & Opening Nights (according to the seat plan): € 61| € 53 | € 45 | € 33| € 24| € 17| € 11| € 7,50
- Standing Room Tickets € 3,50
- The Burgtheater and all Venues are closed during July and August, daily guided tours in summer start at 3 p.m. in the hall of the main entrance inside the Burgtheater.
How to Reach Burgtheater
- Hilton Vienna Danube.
- Café Landtmann
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.94% of people who visit Vienna include Burgtheater in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.43% of people start their Burgtheater visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Burgtheater
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Burgtheater