About Burgtheater, Vienna
Burgtheater, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Universitatsring 2, 1010 Vienna.
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 17.6K times in trip plans
Landmark, Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Burgtheatre which is also known as K.K Theatre is the National theatre of Austrians in the city of Vienna. Burgtheatre is mainly regarded as the traditional stage for all the Austrians which exhibits a distinct culture of its own. Many of the well known actors like Sven-Eric Bechtolf, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Kirsten Dene, Andrea Clausen, Bruno Ganz, Karlheinz Hackl, Robert Meyer, Gertraud Jesserer and many more form a part of this National Burgtheatre.
People of Austria affectionately call this theatre as ‘Burg’. The theatre also has a magnificent building and the architectural design is of Italian high-Renaissance style. The theatre holds many classical plays, dramas, and contemporary pieces. Many guided tours are conducted with minimal entry fee.
- Mostly for art lovers and explorers.
- Main entrance no steps.
- Elevator facilities available.
- Wheelchair available on minimal fees with prior notice.
- Toilet facilities also available.
- Parking space is provided to visitors.
Burgtheater Ticket Prices
- Ticket-Prices Sunday through Thursday (according to the seat plan): € 59 | € 51| € 43| € 31 | € 22 | € 15| € 10 | € 7
- Ticket-Prices Friday, Saturday & Opening Nights (according to the seat plan): € 61| € 53 | € 45 | € 33| € 24| € 17| € 11| € 7,50
- Standing Room Tickets € 3,50
Burgtheater Opening and Closing Hours
- The Burgtheater and all Venues are closed during July and August, daily guided tours in summer start at 3 p.m. in the hall of the main entrance inside the Burgtheater.
How To reach Burgtheater by Public Transport
- Hilton Vienna Danube.
Restaurants Near Burgtheater
- Café Landtmann
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Burgtheater, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
The building is nice looking. The historic aircondition does not perform good enough. An investment would be a good decision.
Perhaps, this is the reason why Beethoven chose to stay in the apartment nearby. His stage is right here inside the Burgtheater, one of the oldest theatre in all of Europe, and very much storied from many performances from the masters of the era. The Burgtheater was the most important German language theatre in the world and held its prestige because of Empress Maria Theresa who asked for a theatre next to the palace. The theatre, together with many cultural buildings in Vienna that has made the Austrian capital such synonymous with high cultural and art. I’ve been pondering while I was here in Vienna on the importance of performing arts such as the one held inside the Burgtheater. Once upon a time, the populous would come here much like how we today go to the cinemas. But there’s something special about a cast on a stage telling you a story. The orchestra in the stands moving you with its symphony. The audience next to you sharing a moment of laughter and heart ache, suspense and tragedy, inspiration and motivation. Nothing moves so deeply like words and music on a stage. It’s art in motion.
Was there at the open day and saw the technical stage show. Was quite impressive. Their equipment and the possibilities they can achieve with it are really high end. Visited theaters in the past as well. Was just a bit sad to see that barely used these possibilities back then.
loved the architecture. nice place to visit when in Vienna even when you stay just a couple of hours :)
Great plays there.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Novotel Wien City
- Irrgarten Maze
- Hütteldorfer Straße
- Wien Stadion (stadion Center)
- Wienwert Serviced Apartments
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna