About Freyung, Vienna
Freyung, Vienna - Address
Address: 1010 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Walking Area, Leisure, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Freyung is a conspicuous square in Vienna as it is triangular in shape and is located at one of the most important locations in the city, the Innere Stadt. True to its name which means “free”, this square lay outside the Roman fortification walls of Vindabona. Its importance also lies in the fact it is close to Schottenkloster, which is the Scottish monastery. Due to its location and importance, this square became a favourite with street artists and entertainers who ultimately rendered a lively touch to it. Here, you can spend some leisure time especially in the evenings and witness the vibrant culture of Vienna.
Freyung Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Freyung by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Herrengasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Freyung, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Wassergasse 11
- Felberstraße 20
- Dorotheergasse 9
- Esperantomuseum Der österreichischen Nationalbibliothek
- Airportservice Flughafentaxi Taxi Airporttransfer Wien Dialysetransporte
- Schönbrunn Palace Theater
- Linke Wienzeile 262
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna