Haus Des Meeres162 Votes Currently Open
Managed by Aqua Terra Zoo, the Haus des Meeres is a public aquarium in Vienna that abounds in entertainment and recreation. This aquarium houses atleast ten thousand aquatic beings housed inside an area of around 4,000 square meters. Of special interest to see here would be the tropical freshwater and saltwater fish, along with the Mediterranean and domestic waters sharks. As you visit this aquarium, don’t forget to see the 150,000-liter tank for the hammerhead sharks which is located on the tenth floor of the former anti-aircraft tower. This is a popular attraction especially with the kids who can have the best of fun and acquaintance of marine life here. Towards the end of your visit, do visit the café on the 11th floor that offers beautiful views of Vienna.
Haus Des Meeres Travel Tips
- The place is disabled friendly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Haus Des Meeres
- Child(6-15yrs): 7.60 Euros
- Small children(3-5yrs): 5.10 Euros
- Senior: 12.50 Euros
- Student: 12.50 Euros
- Disabled persons: 12.50 Euros
- People older than 15 years: 12.50 Euros
- For more ticket prices, refer official website.
- For those who come under various age categories, will have to show ID.
- Senior citizen and student tickets are valid only between Monday-Friday, except for Bank Holidays.
Haus Des Meeres Hours
- For additional timings of Shop, roof terrace, staircase, café sharkly, café ocean sky, please refer to the official website.
- Last admission 30 minutes before the closing time.
How to Reach Haus Des Meeres
- By Subway station: Neubaugasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.11% of people who visit Vienna include Haus Des Meeres in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people start their Haus Des Meeres visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Haus Des Meeres
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Haus Des Meeres