Haus Des Meeres, Vienna
About Haus Des Meeres, Vienna
Haus Des Meeres, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Fritz-Grünbaum-Platz 1, 1060 Wien, Austria
Ticket Price: 17 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Zoo, Aquarium, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Managed by Aqua Terra Zoo, the Haus des Meeres is a public aquarium in Vienna that abounds in entertainment and recreation. This aquarium houses atleast ten thousand aquatic beings housed inside an area of around 4,000 square meters. Of special interest to see here would be the tropical freshwater and saltwater fish, along with the Mediterranean and domestic waters sharks. As you visit this aquarium, don’t forget to see the 150,000-liter tank for the hammerhead sharks which is located on the tenth floor of the former anti-aircraft tower. This is a popular attraction especially with the kids who can have the best of fun and acquaintance of marine life here. Towards the end of your visit, do visit the café on the 11th floor that offers beautiful views of Vienna.
Haus Des Meeres Information
- The place is disabled friendly.
Haus Des Meeres Ticket Prices
- Child(6-15yrs): 7.60 Euros
- Small children(3-5yrs): 5.10 Euros
- Senior: 12.50 Euros
- Student: 12.50 Euros
- Disabled persons: 12.50 Euros
- People older than 15 years: 12.50 Euros
- For more ticket prices, refer official website.
- For those who come under various age categories, will have to show ID.
- Senior citizen and student tickets are valid only between Monday-Friday, except for Bank Holidays.
Haus Des Meeres Opening and Closing Hours
- For additional timings of Shop, roof terrace, staircase, café sharkly, café ocean sky, please refer to the official website.
- Last admission 30 minutes before the closing time.
How To reach Haus Des Meeres by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Neubaugasse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Haus Des Meeres, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
A little bit crowded but I liked it. This is what I call interactive. Maybe a little more warning about the flying bats, I have no fear of them, actually I like them but I assure not everybody. Summary, it is a very interesting place. Must visit.
Nice aquarium ... you can see sharks , crocodiles, monkeys, black mamba, piton, it.s very interesting... on the top very nice view over the city
Very Nice Aqua Zoo in the middle of Vienna, Beautiful Animals and very nicely done - the location is an old Air Defence Tower from WWII and it is a great use for an old Building like this. Great for Families - A nice view from the top of the tower over the whole City
Visited on a Monday afternoon and it was not crowded at all. Amazing aquarium housed in an old Flak Tower from WWII with stunning views of Vienna. Creative and naturalistic exhibits with very active reptiles. The chameleons and the seahorses are a must see! Worth the price.
Please read if you are wondering, if to go or not. First of all, the line took about an hour to get in. Then, the prices also shocked us. Walking through we also noticed bad quality, which you are paying a lot for. To be honest, there isn't that much, better off going to the zoo. Very disappointed for the price. The place is also filled with dead-ends, so it is very crowded and people are trying to squeeze through, a lot of the time. Definately won't be going again.
- Nearby Attractions
- The Sign
- Schonbrunn Palace Christmas Market
- City Apartment Vienna
- Wiener Eislauf Verein
- Apartment Haydn
- Schönbrunner Str. 153
- Arion Cityhotel Vienna Und Appartements
- A&o Wien Stadthalle
- Burgtheater Im Kasino
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna