How to Reach Vienna, Austria
The Easiest Way to Reach Vienna
HOW TO GET TO VIENNA
- By Air: Vienna Internation airport is the nearest airport of Vienna, located outside the city limit. This airport homes of both Austrian Airlines and budget airlines Niki. Besides, many European airlines and intercontinental airlines have direct connection with Vienna. From the airport, you get S-Bahn suburban trains, shuttle service, Vienna AirportLines Bus, City Airport Train and Taxis to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Vienna is well connected with other neighboring countries and regions via rail. However, the names of all the Vienna’s stations start with “Wien”- a German name. From Germany, prominent rails like RailJet and Euro Night Line are available that connects with Vienna.
- By Car: Coming by car in Vienna is a common scene. However, parking space is a major problem. So, think before you come by car!
- By Bus: Regular international bus service coming to Vienna are there. Services like Vienna International Busterminal (VIB), Waldmanngruden and Praterstern are there to reach Vienna by bus. From Austria, intercity domestic bus lines are available. Daily buses from Balkans are also available.
- By Ferry: Riverboats on the Danube connects to other places like Linz, Budapest and Bratislava.
HOW TO GET AROUND VIENNA
- Public Transport: It plays a major role to travel within Vienna. It includes buses, underground rails, trams (trolleys) and railways.
- Rail: S-Bahn, Regionalbahn and RegionalExpress are major suburban rail network that serves to every corner of Vienna.
- U-Bahn: It is most common mode of transportation to move around the city. It’s underground, metro or subway lines have trains in every 2 to 7 minutes.
- Tram: There are nearly 27 tram lines that serve around Vienna.
- Night services: For night services, buses, trams and trains are available until 3am.
- By taxi: Taxis are easily available on the streets or at taxi stand.
- By car: Cars are available on rent.
- By bicycle: Cycle is available on rent and is also an easy option to move around the city.
- On foot: You can also explore the city on foot.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Vienna and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Vienna
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Vienna. The most preferred mode of transport in Vienna is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 8.07 km Average time: 25.94 min
Train/Metro 36.36%Train 15.38 min Walking 6.88 min Waiting 3.75 min Bus 0.88 min Tram 0.81 min Other 0.19 min Overall average time for 8.38 kms 27.88 min
Car 20.45%Driving 22.22 min Walking 0.8 min Overall average time for 15 kms 23.02 min
Tram/Streetcar 6.82%Tram 13.67 min Train 5 min Walking 4.33 min Waiting 3.67 min Overall average time for 5.17 kms 26.67 min
Walking 22.73%Walking 17.2 min Train 2.7 min Bike 2.1 min Bus 1.6 min Waiting 1.1 min Other 0.5 min Overall average time for 4.21 kms 25.2 min
Bike 6.82%Bike 21.67 min Overall average time for 5.33 kms 21.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.82%Bus 17.33 min Walking 5.33 min Waiting 5 min Train 2.67 min Overall average time for 4.2 kms 30.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Vienna
- How to reach Eisenstadt
- How to reach Melk
- How to reach Graz
- How to reach Linz
- How to reach Hallstatt
- How to reach Klagenfurt
- How to reach Katzelsdorf
- How to reach Zwölfaxing
- How to reach Bernhardsthal
- How to Reach Top Cities in Austria
- How to reach Bregenz
- How to reach Salzburg
- How to reach Villach
- How to reach Zell Am See
- How to reach Innsbruck
- How to reach Bludenz
- How to reach Wagrain
- How to reach Bad Waltersdorf
- How to reach Fucking
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Pebbly Beach
- How to reach Jervis Bay Territory
- How to reach Huskisson