How to Reach Vienna - The Easiest Way to Reach Vienna
HOW TO GET TO VIENNA
- By Air: Vienna Internation airport is the nearest airport of Vienna, located outside the city limit. This airport homes of both Austrian Airlines and budget airlines Niki. Besides, many European airlines and intercontinental airlines have direct connection with Vienna. From the airport, you get S-Bahn suburban trains, shuttle service, Vienna AirportLines Bus, City Airport Train and Taxis to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Vienna is well connected with other neighboring countries and regions via rail. However, the names of all the Vienna’s stations start with “Wien”- a German name. From Germany, prominent rails like RailJet and Euro Night Line are available that connects with Vienna.
- By Car: Coming by car in Vienna is a common scene. However, parking space is a major problem. So, think before you come by car!
- By Bus: Regular international bus service coming to Vienna are there. Services like Vienna International Busterminal (VIB), Waldmanngruden and Praterstern are there to reach Vienna by bus. From Austria, intercity domestic bus lines are available. Daily buses from Balkans are also available.
- By Ferry: Riverboats on the Danube connects to other places like Linz, Budapest and Bratislava.
HOW TO GET AROUND VIENNA
- Public Transport: It plays a major role to travel within Vienna. It includes buses, underground rails, trams (trolleys) and railways.
- Rail: S-Bahn, Regionalbahn and RegionalExpress are major suburban rail network that serves to every corner of Vienna.
- U-Bahn: It is most common mode of transportation to move around the city. It’s underground, metro or subway lines have trains in every 2 to 7 minutes.
- Tram: There are nearly 27 tram lines that serve around Vienna.
- Night services: For night services, buses, trams and trains are available until 3am.
- By taxi: Taxis are easily available on the streets or at taxi stand.
- By car: Cars are available on rent.
- By bicycle: Cycle is available on rent and is also an easy option to move around the city.
- On foot: You can also explore the city on foot.
Are you looking for a Vienna travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Vienna
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Vienna. The most preferred mode of transport in Vienna is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 7.99 km Average time: 25.69 min
Train/Metro 36.51%Train 16.43 min Walking 5.74 min Waiting 3.96 min Bus 1.3 min Tram 1 min Other 0.3 min Overall average time for 8.15 kms 28.74 min
Car 17.46%Driving 23.27 min Walking 0.65 min Overall average time for 16.82 kms 23.93 min
Tram/Streetcar 7.94%Tram 16 min Walking 5.2 min Waiting 3.8 min Train 3 min Overall average time for 5.55 kms 28 min
Walking 22.22%Walking 16.14 min Train 3.64 min Bike 2.21 min Waiting 1.36 min Bus 1.36 min Tram 0.36 min Other 0.36 min Overall average time for 4.48 kms 25.43 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 15.14 min Walking 0.14 min Overall average time for 3.97 kms 15.29 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.76%Bus 17.33 min Walking 5.33 min Waiting 5 min Train 2.67 min Overall average time for 4.2 kms 30.33 min
How to Reach Vienna from Nearby Cities
|Korneuburg to Vienna||15.13 km||15 mins|
|Großebersdorf to Vienna||19.38 km||19 mins|
|Purkersdorf to Vienna||21.3 km||21 mins|
|Pfaffstätten to Vienna||23.89 km||23 mins|
|Schwadorf to Vienna||27.77 km||27 mins|
|Sulz im wienerwald to Vienna||28.38 km||28 mins|
|Bratislava to Vienna||82.15 km||1 hour 22 mins|
|Brno to Vienna||108.31 km||1 hour 48 mins|
|Blansko to Vienna||127.2 km||2 hours 7 mins|
|Majcichov to Vienna||140.53 km||2 hours 20 mins|
- How to reach Klosterneuburg
- How to reach Laxenburg
- How to reach Schwadorf
- How to reach Baden Bei Wien
- How to reach Tulln
- How to reach Mannersdorf Am Leithagebirge