How to Reach Vienna
HOW TO GET TO VIENNA
- By Air: Vienna Internation airport is the nearest airport of Vienna, located outside the city limit. This airport homes of both Austrian Airlines and budget airlines Niki. Besides, many European airlines and intercontinental airlines have direct connection with Vienna. From the airport, you get S-Bahn suburban trains, shuttle service, Vienna AirportLines Bus, City Airport Train and Taxis to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Vienna is well connected with other neighboring countries and regions via rail. However, the names of all the Vienna’s stations start with “Wien”- a German name. From Germany, prominent rails like RailJet and Euro Night Line are available that connects with Vienna.
- By Car: Coming by car in Vienna is a common scene. However, parking space is a major problem. So, think before you come by car!
- By Bus: Regular international bus service coming to Vienna are there. Services like Vienna International Busterminal (VIB), Waldmanngruden and Praterstern are there to reach Vienna by bus. From Austria, intercity domestic bus lines are available. Daily buses from Balkans are also available.
- By Ferry: Riverboats on the Danube connects to other places like Linz, Budapest and Bratislava.
HOW TO GET AROUND VIENNA
- Public Transport: It plays a major role to travel within Vienna. It includes buses, underground rails, trams (trolleys) and railways.
- Rail: S-Bahn, Regionalbahn and RegionalExpress are major suburban rail network that serves to every corner of Vienna.
- U-Bahn: It is most common mode of transportation to move around the city. It’s underground, metro or subway lines have trains in every 2 to 7 minutes.
- Tram: There are nearly 27 tram lines that serve around Vienna.
- Night services: For night services, buses, trams and trains are available until 3am.
- By taxi: Taxis are easily available on the streets or at taxi stand.
- By car: Cars are available on rent.
- By bicycle: Cycle is available on rent and is also an easy option to move around the city.
- On foot: You can also explore the city on foot.
when in vienna i want to use the buses please can you tell me how these work as for example i want to go belvedere palace from arthotel ana enzian, which bus i get and from where i can reach itAnswer Report Abuse
To travel from Arthotel Ana Enzian to Belvedere Palace, you will first have to walk to the Wien Rennweg Bahnhof. From this railway station catch a train Wien Quartier Belvedere Bahnhof. Then head towards the Belvedere Palace which is hardly at a 10-minute walking distance from the railway station. While moving around Vienna, ask the locals about transportation modes, as they would prove to be the best source of information.Report Abuse