How to Reach Vienna
How to reach Vienna
HOW TO GET TO VIENNA
- By Air: Vienna Internation airport is the nearest airport of Vienna, located outside the city limit. This airport homes of both Austrian Airlines and budget airlines Niki. Besides, many European airlines and intercontinental airlines have direct connection with Vienna. From the airport, you get S-Bahn suburban trains, shuttle service, Vienna AirportLines Bus, City Airport Train and Taxis to reach the center of the city.
- By Train: Vienna is well connected with other neighboring countries and regions via rail. However, the names of all the Vienna’s stations start with “Wien”- a German name. From Germany, prominent rails like RailJet and Euro Night Line are available that connects with Vienna.
- By Car: Coming by car in Vienna is a common scene. However, parking space is a major problem. So, think before you come by car!
- By Bus: Regular international bus service coming to Vienna are there. Services like Vienna International Busterminal (VIB), Waldmanngruden and Praterstern are there to reach Vienna by bus. From Austria, intercity domestic bus lines are available. Daily buses from Balkans are also available.
- By Ferry: Riverboats on the Danube connects to other places like Linz, Budapest and Bratislava.
HOW TO GET AROUND VIENNA
- Public Transport: It plays a major role to travel within Vienna. It includes buses, underground rails, trams (trolleys) and railways.
- Rail: S-Bahn, Regionalbahn and RegionalExpress are major suburban rail network that serves to every corner of Vienna.
- U-Bahn: It is most common mode of transportation to move around the city. It’s underground, metro or subway lines have trains in every 2 to 7 minutes.
- Tram: There are nearly 27 tram lines that serve around Vienna.
- Night services: For night services, buses, trams and trains are available until 3am.
- By taxi: Taxis are easily available on the streets or at taxi stand.
- By car: Cars are available on rent.
- By bicycle: Cycle is available on rent and is also an easy option to move around the city.
- On foot: You can also explore the city on foot.
Modes of Transportation in Vienna
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Vienna. The most preferred mode of transport in Vienna is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 7.82 km Average time: 25.53 min
Train/Metro 36.84%Train 15.07 min Walking 6.07 min Waiting 3.57 min Bus 1 min Tram 0.93 min Other 0.14 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 26.79 min
Car 15.79%Driving 22.5 min Walking 1.2 min Overall average time for 15.83 kms 23.7 min
Tram/Streetcar 7.89%Tram 13.67 min Train 5 min Walking 4.33 min Waiting 3.67 min Overall average time for 5.17 kms 26.67 min
Walking 23.68%Walking 16.33 min Train 3 min Bus 1.78 min Waiting 1.22 min Bike 1.22 min Other 0.56 min Overall average time for 4.34 kms 24.11 min
Bike 7.89%Bike 21.67 min Overall average time for 5.33 kms 21.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.89%Bus 17.33 min Walking 5.33 min Waiting 5 min Train 2.67 min Overall average time for 4.2 kms 30.33 min