Jesuit Church, Vienna
About Jesuit Church, Vienna
Jesuit Church, Vienna - Address, Phone Number
Address: Doktor-Ignaz-Seipel-Platz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Better known as the University church, the Church of Jesuits holds a lot of importance to the history of Vienna. Built between 1623 and 1627, this church was influenced and inspired by early Baroque principles. However, it was later remodelled by Andrea Pozzo between 1703 and 1705. Since this church was merged with the University of Vienna’s philosophy and theology section, it became popular as University church itself. Today, you can admire its beautiful architecture and find some spiritual solace in its interiors.
Jesuit Church Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Jesuit Church Opening and Closing Hours
- The Jesuit church is open on holidays 8:00am to 7pm
- The crypt is open from early September to the end of July every Sunday and holiday 2pm to 7pm.
- In the week after Saints and All Souls, the tomb is open all day.
- In August, the tomb is closed.
How To reach Jesuit Church by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Stubentor
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jesuit Church, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Small churches like this, Dominic church are with visiting although many tourist guides do not mention them. Beautiful interior.
As another poster said, it's not much on the outside and most tourists would just walk by but go inside and you will be amazed. Reminds me of the Assam church in Munich. It was empty when I was there. So quiet.
Really hard to find and easy to miss whilst you're here but make a point of coming to see it. Wonderful church.
Impressive church with rich decoration - typical of the Jesuits Outside looks quite usual, but wait to enter.
Magnificent church with virtually no crowd. A hidden gem indeed!
- Nearby Attractions
- Johann Janisch Erdstrahlen Und Wasseradern
- Grillplatz 6
- Waldmueller Park
- Erholungsgebiet Wienerberg
- Donauinsel Grillplatz 13
- Rudolf Bednar Park
- Schonbrunn Zoo
- Kurpark Oberlaa
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna