Jewish Museum Vienna, Vienna
About Jewish Museum Vienna, Vienna
Jewish Museum Vienna, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Dorotheergasse 11, 1010 Wien, Austria
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Showcasing the history of Jews, this is a popular museum that deserves a visit while you are in Vienna. The history of Jews is told to us in all its aspects which include life and religion. Its permanent collection is spread over three areas: Display depot, the workshop and the permanent exhibition of "UnsereStadt!" (Our City!). Together, these sections throw light upon the Jewish life and the history of Jewish Vienna from the present day into the past. This museum is located at two areas and a visit to both of them is necessary for a compressive view of the Jewish history in Vienna.
Jewish Museum Vienna Information
- This museum is at Judenplatz also. The details are: Jewish Museum Judenplatz, Judenplatz 8, 1010 Vienna, Sunday to Thursday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on Saturdays.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Jewish Museum Vienna Ticket Prices
- Reduced admission € 8.00(Seniors, o1-Club members, Vienna PASS, etc.)
- Raiffeisen-account-holder € 9.00
- Youth ticket (students up to 27 years) € 5.00
- Children (18 and under) FREE
- Free entrance with the "Vienna PASS".
- Group rate € 7.00
- Guided tours € 40.00 per group and hour.
- School classes Admissions free of charge, guided tour € 20. oo
Jewish Museum Vienna Opening and Closing Hours
- Due to the high holidays both locations of the The Jewish Museum Vienna(Museum Judenplatz and Museum Dorotheergasse) as well as the Cafe, the Archiv, the Bookshop and the Library) are closed on October 3 & 4, 2016 (Rosh Haschana) and on October 12, 2016 (Jom Kippur).
How To reach Jewish Museum Vienna by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Stephansplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jewish Museum Vienna, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Very interesting, thought provocative exhibits. There are several permanent exhibits and an exhibit that changes every few months. There's a nice restaurant that offers kosher meals and a big bookstore. A ticket to this museum entitles one to a free pass at the Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial.
This was an amazing experience that I am so happy to have experienced. Opened my eyes and heart to the local Jewish world. Thank you.
Fantastic museum and a must see for the visitors! Plan at least 3-4 hours.
A very worthwhile visit for all to see great cultural contributions but also to reflect on how easily it can be destroyed by man's inhumanity to man.
Atmospheric and can be upsetting, but worth a visit. Buying a ticket allows access to the sister museum within 4 days but the sister museum is not worth visiting.
- Nearby Attractions
- Botschaft Von Ungarn
- Dominikanerbastei 21
- City Apartment Vienna
- Belvedere Appartementvermietung Gmbh
- Karlsplatz 3
- Academy Of Fine Arts Vienna
- Hotel Carina
- Rafael Kaiser - Premium Apartments City Centre
- Arthotel Ana Prime
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna