Leopold Museum, Vienna
About Leopold Museum, Vienna
Leopold Museum, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Museums Quarter, Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Vienna, Austria
Ticket Price: 13 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 12.7K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Cafe, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Leopold Museum is situated in the Museums quarter in the city of Vienna that treasures largest collections of the modern art of the Austrians featuring many of the leading artists like Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka and Richard Gerstl. There are about 5,000 exhibits in this museum which were collected by Elisabeth and Rudolf Leopold over five decades.
Art lovers will surely find this museum to be most interesting and exciting as many of the master pieces are displayed in this museum. You should surely not miss the panoramic windows of the museum which offer a unique view of the entire city of Vienna. There is also a well-stocked shop and café inside the museum for visitors.
Leopold Museum Information
- Mostly for kids, art lovers and explorers.
- Wheelchair available on rent.
- Toilet facilities also available.
- Parking space is provided to visitors.
Leopold Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult: EUR 13,00
- Reduced ticket price - with relevant ID-Card (Under 28 years: school children, apprentices, unemployed, disabled): EUR 8,00
- Students (under 28 years): EUR 9,00
- Retirees (from 60 years on): EUR 9,50
- For mastertickets, combined tickets and family or group tickets, refer to the website.
Leopold Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry half an hour before the closing time.
How To reach Leopold Museum by Public Transport
- Museum quarter bus stop.
Restaurants Near Leopold Museum
- Café Leopold
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Leopold Museum, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Rude staff. My poster didn't fit in the free lockers so I had to pay one euro although I already paid for the ticket. Never seen such rude staff in my life. Would not recommend. Go to Albertina. Much better!
Gorgeous layout and spectacular displays. Mind-blowing work and curated with obvious passion and expertise. The Klimt exhibit in particular is stunning.
Interesting works of Austrian modern art in a tumultuous historical period. It´s well worth paying 13 euros if it were not for some morons, arrogant and paranoid monkeys with earphones that at the slightest gesture of looking for something in your wallet or drink some water will disturb and threaten you with what spluttered... This is not security, this is fascism.
Good, but not awesome. Klimt, Anton Kolig, Egon Schiele and Oskar Kokoschka are very nice, but didn't understand Ferdinand Hodler artwork.
One of my favourite museums in Vienna mainly because of its beautiful architecture as well as the fact that it holds several pieces from Gustav Klimt. The museum's upper levels have windows that overlook the MuseumsQuartier's lovely courtyard.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Am Konzerthaus - Mgallery Collection
- Majolikahaus Von Otto Wagner
- Umarfisch Am Naschmarkt
- Tirolerhof Schonbrunn
- Hotel Fürstenhof Wien
- Hotel Ibis Styles Wien City
- Gastwirtschaft Wratschko
- Central Vienna
- Ristorante Pizzeria Casanova
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna