- Address: Domgasse 5, 1010 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-15121791
- Ticket Price: 11 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Mozarthaus - Review
Mozarthaus is located on Domgasse which was built in 17th century and has two storeys. In 2004, Mozarthaus was completely renovated and made open to visitors. It has become the centre of artworks dedicated to the life of composer and exhibits his work. Today, Mozarthaus provides information about the composer along with historical displays. The museum also has audio-visual installations. This is the only surviving apartment of Mozart in Vienna.
- Discounts are available for children, groups and families.
- A popular activity in Vienna is the Mozart Concert in the Musikverein which includes historic costumes and wigs.
- There are activities for older children here.
- Access to all exhibition rooms and the events hall: no steps.
- Restrooms with access for disabled persons available.
Mozarthaus Ticket Prices
- Adult: € 11
- Reduced (Vienna Card, students, senior citizens): € 9
- Groups (minimum 10 people): € 8
- Children and teenagers up to 19 years: € 4.50
- Family ticket (2 adults + up to 3 children): € 25
- Admission includes the audio guide for adults and children available in different languages.
- For combined tickets and Guided tours, refer to the official website.
- Last admission: 6:30 pm
How To reach Mozarthaus by Public Transport
- Stephenplatz Stop
Restaurants Near Mozarthaus
- Vienne Café and Restaurants
- Chameleon Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mozarthaus
5.3% of people who visit Vienna include Mozarthaus in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
52.38% of people start their Mozarthaus visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mozarthaus
78.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mozarthaus
Mozarthaus, Vienna Reviews
Super boring of this place. Lack of guide of Mozart with the exhibitions. Just Only Telling The Mozart Story. You Will Fall Asleep ASAP. Compare with the Schoenbrunn Palace, this one is really bad. Palace is awesome at guide. Super Zero recommendation of this place. Do Not waste your money and time to visit here. At the shop is really expensive here also. Do not buy any chocolate here!!
We saw a piano concert here and it was amazing. It lasted about an hour and then we toured the museum. It isn't much of a museum but after hearing the concert there is context. Had we not heard the concert I might have only given this 3 stars but with that concert, it's a 5 star museum without a doubt.
A complete waste of time and 11 euros. None of the original furniture or belongings are there. Instead you are shown photos of a historian's guess of what it might have looked like using contemporary furniture. All of the rooms are labeled with question marks (Vestibule? Living Room?) because they admittedly don't even know what the rooms were used for! The only interesting thing we saw were sheets of music from the Marriage of Figaro. This place is a tourist trap, plain and simple.
You can not take photo this is disadvantage for me. You have to have perfect English to understand all the thing that device says while giving info or if you are lucky you can find device in the museum that talks in your own language. Other things are perfect.
I am fan of Mozart. Here was perfect place for me. With free Audio guide i could enjoy well. 한국어 무료 오디오 가이드 들을수있어요. I also enjoy piano concert. Amazing piano music gave me unforgettable experience.