St. Michael's Church, Vienna
About St. Michael's Church, Vienna
St. Michael's Church, Vienna - Address, Phone Number
Address: Habsburgergasse 12, 1010 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Church of St. Michael in Vienna is one of the oldest churches in the city and is a reminiscent of Romanesque architecture. As the name suggests, it is dedicated to the Archangel Michael. As you look at the church, you will find a conglomeration of many architectural styles such as late Romanesque, Gothicism and others. Inside, you can see hundreds of coffins adorned with flowers or skulls, as well as mummified corpses, some of them in baroque frock-coats and wigs. The most famous person buried in the catacombs is Pietro Metastasio, who wrote some of the librettos of Mozart's operas. Do visit this church to see the extent of the beauty of different types of architectures!
St. Michael's Church Ticket Prices
- Free entry
- Guided tours of the crypt available – refer the website.
- Tour: adult: €7, Child: €3
St. Michael's Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Regular guided tours of the crypt: Monday to Saturday at 11 am and 1 pm,except on feastdays.
How To reach St. Michael's Church by Public Transport
- By Subway station: Stephansplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Michael's Church, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Old fashioned constucted but a huge towering and beautiful church!
Nice area with beautiful old Buildings
Stunning church in excellent condition. It nicely complements the historic part of Vienna
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Fürstenhof Wien
- Hotel Ibis Styles Wien City
- Gastwirtschaft Wratschko
- Central Vienna
- Ristorante Pizzeria Casanova
- Live:krimi Wien
- Hot Rod City Tour
- Kursalon Wien
- Veganista I
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna