Are you looking for what to do in Vienna?
What to see:
- Hofburg Palace – If you are keen about European history, visit this beautiful palace which now serves as the residence of the President of Austria.
- Stephansdom Or St. Stephens Cathedral – It is said to be the seat of the Archbishop Of Vienna. Being the main Roman Catholic Church in Vienna, this church attracts nearly hundreds of visitors all around the year.
- Belvedere Palace – It is the famous two Baroque palaces facing each other and located on the sloping Hill. Today these palaces display Baroque sculptures and paintings.
- Prater – Don’t miss out the opportunity to ride on the Giant Ferris wheel, situated within this famous amusement park of Vienna.
- Museumsquartier – Honored in the list of top 10 largest cultural parks in the world, this region is famous place in Vienna.
- Rathaus or City Hall – Try to catch up a concerts or ball in this popular cityhall of Vienna.
- Schonbrunn Zoo - Visit the oldest zoo in the world which houses many mammals and rare species of birds as well.
- Butterfly House or Schmetterlinghaus - This beautiful museum houses nearly thousands of colorful tropical butterflies.
- Museum of Art History - It is one of the best museum displaying some of the finest artwork from around the world.
What to do:
- Go for a wine tour in the vineyards of Vienna.
- Explore the outdoor markets like Naschmarkt where you get fresh foods along with Turkish goodies.
- Catch an Opera show at Vienna Opera House.
- Ride the famous giant wheel of Vienna - Wiener Riesenrad
Below we have a list of things to do in Vienna and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Vienna getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Vienna with confidence.