Vienna Museum Of Natural History2015 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Naturhistorisches Museum, Burgring 7, 1010 Vienna, Austria
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +43-1521770
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Natural History Museums
The museum of Natural History in Vienna is called as Naturhistoriches Museum in German and is a wonderful place to explore the past of the city on your trip to Vienna. This sprawling museum houses millions of historical artefacts from many different parts of the world. It is extremely vast and the variety is truly noteworthy. Besides being a popular tourist spot the Naturhistoriches museum is also an extremely important and lively research center. The museum is an amazing amalgamation of art and science under the same roof. Be sure to have at least a day to view the artefacts in the museum as it is amazingly large.
Some items that you should not miss:
- The Venus of Willendorf. This piece made of stone is over 25000 years old.
- There are preserved hides of many extinct species.
- Their meteorite display is the largest in the world.
- Maria Theresa’s flower bouquet: It epitomizes opulence and each flower in it is made of precious stones.
Vienna Museum Of Natural History Travel Tips
- Preffered time is late in the evening or in the early morning as it is bit crowdy.
- The museum can be accessed by wheelchair through the Burgring 7.
- There are special toilets and wheelchairs available.
- Underground parking garage at the Museums Quartier is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Vienna Museum Of Natural History
- Adults: € 10
- Senior citizens, member of "O1 Club", owners of "Vienna Card": € 8
- Students, apprentices, soldiers aged under 27 years: € 5
- Groups (15 or more people) - per person: € 8
- Children and youth under 19 years and "Friends of the NHM Vienna" have free entry.
How to Reach Vienna Museum Of Natural History
- U2, U3 Volkstheater - Trams: 1, 2, D, 46, 49
- Buses: 2A, 48A
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.99% of people who visit Vienna include Vienna Museum Of Natural History in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
47.37% of people start their Vienna Museum Of Natural History visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Vienna Museum Of Natural History
57.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vienna Museum Of Natural History