Vienna State Opera8855 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Wiener Staatsoper GmbH, Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna., Austria
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +43-1514442250
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture , Opera House
An architectural marvel, the structure of the Vienna Opera (AKA Wiener Staatsoper) was planned by the Viennese architect August Sicard von Sicardsburg, while the inside was designed by interior decorator Eduard van der Null. It opened on 25th May 1869 with Mozart's DON JUAN in the presence of Emperor Franz Joseph and Empress Elisabeth! Book your tickets in advance and head over to the opera house to catch a play in action. The Opera house also organises guided tours of the place. This 40 minute tour includes the entrance foyer, main staircase, Tea Salon, Marble Hall, Schwind Foyer, Gustav Mahler Hall, and the auditorium (with a look at the stage). Visitors learn captivating information about the Vienna State Opera during these tours.
Vienna State Opera Travel Tips
- The opera performances’ schedule is present on the official website. Kindly refer to the opera timings and ticket prices before planning your visit.
- Tour timings differ as per seasons. Kindly visit official website for the timings and costing before planning your visit.
Vienna State Opera Hours
- Your time to visit will depend upon your timings of show or concert.
How to Reach Vienna State Opera
- Oper stop
- Cafe Oper Wien
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.82% of people who visit Vienna include Vienna State Opera in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.63% of people start their Vienna State Opera visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Vienna State Opera
76.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vienna State Opera