- Address: Neustiftgasse 1, 1070 Wien, Austria, 1070, Vienna
- Phone: +43-1521110
- Fax: +1-01521112421
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids, Social, Music And Show Venues
Volkstheater - Review
Translated as the People’s Theatre, the Volkstheatre is a treasured attraction as it was established in 1889 by request of the citizens of Vienna amongst whom the most notable were the dramatist Ludwig Anzengruber and the furniture manufacturer Thonet. The idea was to facilitate a theatrical stage that would let wider circles of the population of Vienna to see and experience classical and modern literature. While you are in the city of Vienna, do have a look at the schedule here and watch a memorable performance.
- This place is disabled friendly.
Volkstheater Ticket Prices
- For online tickets, please refer to the official website.
Box office timings:
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays 9:00am to 4:00pm
- 24th and 30th December: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Closed on 25th, 26th December and 1st January.
- Summer opening times from 1st July to August 31, 2016: Monday to Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm.
How To reach Volkstheater by Public Transport
- By Bus station: Wien Volkstheater (Bellariastrassee)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Volkstheater
1.23% of people who visit Vienna include Volkstheater in their plan
33.33% of people start their Volkstheater visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Volkstheater
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Volkstheater
Volkstheater, Vienna Reviews
Incredible theatre! Worth to visit at least once even if not a big fan of theatres! Before a spectacle, the visitor is amazed by the decoration and the lights. I will come back if I have the opportunity. They offer also spectacles with subtitles, very open minded for tourists and foreigners - bravo!
A very traditional theater. Both times I was there they've had traditional drama with a modern flavor in stage decoration. Performances themselves were neither outstandingly good or bad. Very academic. Some of the message they bring worths spreading, but the form is not there yet.
Experience the fin-de-siècle atmosphere of this theater yourself.
Beautiful old theatre! Definitely worth visiting!
Great theatre and the Rote Bar is a wonderful place for a drink.