About Volkstheater, Vienna
Volkstheater, Vienna - Address, Phone Number
Address: Neustiftgasse 1, 1070 Wien, Austria
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Entertainment, Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Translated as the People’s Theatre, the Volkstheatre is a treasured attraction as it was established in 1889 by request of the citizens of Vienna amongst whom the most notable were the dramatist Ludwig Anzengruber and the furniture manufacturer Thonet. The idea was to facilitate a theatrical stage that would let wider circles of the population of Vienna to see and experience classical and modern literature. While you are in the city of Vienna, do have a look at the schedule here and watch a memorable performance.
- This place is disabled friendly.
Volkstheater Ticket Prices
- For online tickets, please refer to the official website.
Volkstheater Opening and Closing Hours
Box office timings:
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays 9:00am to 4:00pm
- 24th and 30th December: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Closed on 25th, 26th December and 1st January.
- Summer opening times from 1st July to August 31, 2016: Monday to Sunday 9:00am – 2:00pm.
How To reach Volkstheater by Public Transport
- By Bus station: Wien Volkstheater (Bellariastrassee)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Volkstheater, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Another option of enjoing opera in Wien
Great atmosphere. Lovely place
Now with English or Arabic Subtitles.!!! (Unique for vienna so far) Cheap last minute tickets. Great ensemble.
Vienna is known for its great theaters. Among them is Volkstheater with its beautiful architecture that can be seen from several hundreds meter away. Sometimes, the theater is also host to great events like TEDxVienna. Try its bar, when you are there (Rote Bar).
One of the important major stages of the city.
- Nearby Attractions
- University Of Vienna
- Dominican Church
- Kaiserliche Wagenburg Wien
- St. Anne's Church
- Imperial Furniture Collection
- Julius Meinl Am Graben
- Wiener Konzerthaus
- Jewish Museum Vienna
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna