Wien MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Karlsplatz 8, 1040 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-150587470
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Wien Museum - Review
The Wien Museum located in Karlsplatz is a city museum that unravels the history of the city in all the aspects. There are exhibits that date back to Neolithic age to the mid-20th century. Apart from permanent collection, there are also special exhibitions to tell you more of history and culture. The history showcased here stretches from the first settlements on the Danube and the Vindobona camp on the northern border of the Roman Empire, to the residence of the dukes of Babenberg and the 640 years of Habsburg rule, galloping to the modern time. Do visit this museum for a better understanding of the city that you are visiting!
Wien Museum Information
- Guide and assistance dogs may be taken with visitors into the Wien Museum Karlsplatz.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor.
Wien Museum Ticket Prices
- Discounted Rate (for Senior citizens, students up to 27 years of age, persons with disabilities, Vienna Card, groups of 10 or more): EURO 7
- Visitors under 19 years of age: Free entry.
- First Sunday of every month (all visitors): free entry
- Guided tour tickets for adults: EURO 4
- Flat rate for adult guided tours (recommended number of participants: 20): EUR0 65
- Guided tour tickets for visitors under 19 years of age (minimum charge for groups: EUR 20): EUR 2
Wien Museum Hours
- Public holidays: 10 am to 6 pm
How To reach Wien Museum by Public Transport
- By Light Rail station: Wien Karlsplatz (Strasseenbahn)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wien Museum
0.54% of people who visit Vienna include Wien Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Wien Museum visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wien Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wien Museum
Wien Museum Trips
Wien Museum, Vienna Reviews
Nice historic museum of Vienna, including historic items from different periods, really big - 3 floors. Visit here may take some hours. It's also close to the U Bahn, so It's nice also.
Great museum exploring the history of the city of Vienna. Excellent exhibitions and great on the 19th and early 20th centuries in particular.
One might underestimate this place when just looking at the surface. Especially all the stuff about Otto Wagner and the historical development of the city is very interesting. They also habe seasonal special exhibitions.
Interesting in parts however not sure it is worth the €10 entry. There was more emphasis on art than the history of Vienna
Must see for people interested in the history of Vienna and its empire.