Wien Museum63 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Karlsplatz 8, 1040 Wien, Austria, Vienna
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-150587470
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition
The Wien Museum located in Karlsplatz is a city museum that unravels the history of the city in all the aspects. There are exhibits that date back to Neolithic age to the mid-20th century. Apart from permanent collection, there are also special exhibitions to tell you more of history and culture. The history showcased here stretches from the first settlements on the Danube and the Vindobona camp on the northern border of the Roman Empire, to the residence of the dukes of Babenberg and the 640 years of Habsburg rule, galloping to the modern time. Do visit this museum for a better understanding of the city that you are visiting!
Wien Museum Travel Tips
- Guide and assistance dogs may be taken with visitors into the Wien Museum Karlsplatz.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wien Museum
- Discounted Rate (for Senior citizens, students up to 27 years of age, persons with disabilities, Vienna Card, groups of 10 or more): EURO 7
- Visitors under 19 years of age: Free entry.
- First Sunday of every month (all visitors): free entry
- Guided tour tickets for adults: EURO 4
- Flat rate for adult guided tours (recommended number of participants: 20): EUR0 65
- Guided tour tickets for visitors under 19 years of age (minimum charge for groups: EUR 20): EUR 2
Wien Museum Hours
- Public holidays: 10 am to 6 pm
How to Reach Wien Museum
- By Light Rail station: Wien Karlsplatz (Strasseenbahn)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.46% of people who visit Vienna include Wien Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Wien Museum visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wien Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wien Museum