Wien Museum, Vienna
Wien Museum, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Karlsplatz 8, 1040 Wien, Austria
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 530 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Wien Museum, Vienna
The Wien Museum located in Karlsplatz is a city museum that unravels the history of the city in all the aspects. There are exhibits that date back to Neolithic age to the mid-20th century. Apart from permanent collection, there are also special exhibitions to tell you more of history and culture. The history showcased here stretches from the first settlements on the Danube and the Vindobona camp on the northern border of the Roman Empire, to the residence of the dukes of Babenberg and the 640 years of Habsburg rule, galloping to the modern time. Do visit this museum for a better understanding of the city that you are visiting!
Wien Museum Information
- Guide and assistance dogs may be taken with visitors into the Wien Museum Karlsplatz.
- A wheelchair-accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor.
Wien Museum Ticket Prices
- Discounted Rate (for Senior citizens, students up to 27 years of age, persons with disabilities, Vienna Card, groups of 10 or more): EURO 7
- Visitors under 19 years of age: Free entry.
- First Sunday of every month (all visitors): free entry
- Guided tour tickets for adults: EURO 4
- Flat rate for adult guided tours (recommended number of participants: 20): EUR0 65
- Guided tour tickets for visitors under 19 years of age (minimum charge for groups: EUR 20): EUR 2
Wien Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Public holidays: 10 am to 6 pm
How To reach Wien Museum by Public Transport
- By Light Rail station: Wien Karlsplatz (Strasseenbahn)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wien Museum Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Vienna
Wien Museum, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
Maps maps maps! All kinds and approaches but all about Vienna. Very cool to see how the city evolved. Good to visit before you start walking around town. It will give you a lot of context. There's also a good collection of old paintings. The lady in yellow waits for you here.
Very fine made interesting collections. Not too much to see. Beautifull colours everywhere.
Nice museum covering the history of Vienna. There are ocasionaly temporary exhibitions that are quite nice.
Slightly dated interiors but incredibly detailed museum about the history of Vienna. About 10€ entrance fee for adults.
Worth the visit if you want to discover the city's history and development.