Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene, Vienna
About Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene, Vienna
Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene, Vienna - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Himmelpfortgasse 8, 1010 Wien, Austria
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 275 times in trip plans
Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Better known as the city Palace, Winterpalais is a structure built in high Baroque, located in the famous Inner Satdt district of Vienna. As the name suggests, this building served as the winter residence for Prince Eugene of Savoy. Designed and constructed by Jahann Bernhard Fischer Von Erlach between 1695 and 1700, it looks stupefying and beautiful. Later on, winter Palace was acquired through an auction by Empress Maria Theresa for her imperial court in 1738. As you enter inside, you will be struck by its Baroque facade with three elaborate portals. Due to its beautifully preserved Baroque architecture, this palace has earned the title of being one of the “most magnificent Baroque edifices in Vienna.”
Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene Information
- This place is disabled friendly.
Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene Ticket Prices
- Seniors (65 years): Euros 7.00
- Students (under 26 years): Euros 7.00
- Children and adolescents (under 18 years): Euros 0.00
- Group (10 or more): Euros 8.00
- Discounts with Vienna Card: EUR 7.50
- The prices mentioned are for the single Ticket to the Winter Palace.
- For other combinations, refer to the website.
How To reach Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene by Public Transport
- By Tram: D, 2, 71 (station "Schwarzenbergplatz")
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vienna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vienna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Winter Palace Of Prince Eugene, Vienna Reviews - Write a Review
It's a short but awesome visit. The rooms and displays are far more opulent than you get at the imperial residences, and the displays are an intriguing glimpse at the Polish role in preserving Vienna. An hour long diversion, if only to stare in wonder. Photos allowed!
Beautiful place for a quick visit
Beautiful and not a person in sight!
Such a beautiful building!
It was a very wonderful palace....empty. There are only few things .
- Nearby Attractions
- Schönbrunn Palace
- Sparefroh Spielplatz
- Poetzleinsdorfer Schloss Park
- Floridsdorfer Wasserpark
- Johann Janisch Erdstrahlen Und Wasseradern
- Vienna Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 48 Hours in Vienna
- What to See in 72 Hours in Vienna
- How to Spend 5 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 6 Days in Vienna
- How to Spend 7 Days in Vienna