Events and Festivals in Vientiane
Laos follows a lunar calendar so the dates of festivals often change every year.
- New Year: The country celebrates New Year four times in a year; international New Year on January 1, Chinese New Year around January-end, Lao New Year in April, and Hmong New Year in December.
- Pathet Lao Day: There are parades around town on January 6 or the Pathet Lao Day.
- Visakha Puja: Two-day festival held in May to celebrate the birth anniversary of Buddha.
- Liberation Day: Public holiday on 23rd August.
- Boun Ok Phansa: End of the Buddhist Lent in September. Boat races take place on the Mekong River.
- Boun That Luang: Local fairs, procession, festivities and beauty pageants in November.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Vientiane
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Vientiane
Save 4%Vientiane Half-Day City Tour3 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Enjoy a half-day guided tour to discover the hidden charms of Vientiane meaning the "city of sandal wood". Vientiane is one o...
Save 4%Guided Vientiane City and Buddha Park Full-Day Tour3 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover the hidden charms of Vientiane, translated as'the city of sandalwood.' Vientiane is one of the quietest capital citi...
Save 4%Half-Day Vientiane City TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 4 Hrs
Regarded as the smallest capital in South East Asia, Vientianes laid-back atmosphere brings customers closer to its French in...
Private Departure Transfer: From Hotel in Vientiane to the Airport3 Reviews
A professional reliable transport service offering private transfers from your hotel in Vientiane to the airport in modern ai...Book Now