- Address: P.D.R, Vientiane, Laos
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 3112 LAK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids
Patuxai - Review
Situated at the end of the Lane Xang Avenue, the Patuxai Monument or the Victory Gate was constructed in the 1960s to commemorate the martyrs who died in the many wars that Laos faced. You can easily see the French influence in the construction of this gate as it resembles the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. It is the centre piece of the Patuxai Park, a popular place in the middle of Vientiane for afternoon strolls. The interior of the arc is decorated with paintings depicting gods, goddesses and elephants. Once you climb onto the observation deck on the top of the gate, you can get a delightful panoramic view of Vientiane and the Mekong river. All along the Patuxai Park and the actual gate, you will see souvenirs gifted by various countries of the world. Some of these are: the musical fountain from China, a peace gong from Indonesia, the cement used in construction from the USA, etc.
- Tickets are needed to climb to the top of the monuments. Entry to the park is free.
- There are souvenir shops and vendors selling snacks and refreshments inside the monument.
How To reach Patuxai by Public Transport
- You can hire a taxi/car/jumbo/bicycle to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vientiane before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vientiane and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Patuxai
95% of people who visit Vientiane include Patuxai in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
42.39% of people start their Patuxai visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Patuxai
92.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Patuxai
Patuxai, Vientiane Reviews
- Heaton Mersey Sports & Social Club
- The Decadent Group Uk Limited
- Fat City Records Limited
- Barnes Green Catholic Social Club
- Benchill & District Conservative Club
- Studio Nightclub
- The Great British Salsa Experience
- Fairfield Hall
- St Edmunds
- Temple Of Shalom
- Leisureworld Amusements
- Tell Me All About
- Moston Sports & Social Club
- Greenbank Park