Gandhi Hill, VijayawadaCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Backside railway Station, Tarapet Main Road, One Town, Vijayawada- 520001, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 04:00 pm - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-8662568098
- Ticket Price: 3 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Outdoors, View Point, Memorial, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill
About Gandhi Hill, Vijayawada
The Gandhi Hill is named after the father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi. It was earlier known as the Orr Hill. This is the first Gandhi Memorial with a huge stupa dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. Along with this there are 6 other subsidiary shrines that are dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi as well. The memorial is perched on the hill top which is about 500 ft above the main city of Vijayawada. The walls are beautifully inscribed with the teachings of the great man, Mahatma Gandhi.
The Gandhi Hill in Vijayawada has a fantastic library and the city’s only planetarium. The library is stocked with important documents and scriptures related to the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi. The view of the whole city from the top of the Gandhi Hill is also amazing. The scene of crowds, lights and busy streets look like a page from our story books. All these put together has made the Gandhi Hills an important tourist attraction.
Gandhi Hill Information
- The memorial also hosts light & sound shows every evening based on the life and incidents of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Maintain proper discipline here.
- Photography is not allowed inside.
Gandhi Hill Ticket Prices
- The Exhibition Train fee: Rs 5 person
- Entry to Planetarium: Rs 10 person (children below 5 years not allowed)
Gandhi Hill Opening and Closing Hours
- The memorial remains closed on Tuesdays.
How To reach Gandhi Hill by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
Restaurants Near Gandhi Hill
- Sweet Magic
- Open House
- Sri Satya Sai Hotel
- Manor Food Plaza
- Southern Spice Takeaway
- My House Restaurant
- Vineesha Flavours
- NR Fast Food
- Influence Multicuisine Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gandhi Hill
95% of people who visit Vijayawada include Gandhi Hill in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
92.71% of people start their Gandhi Hill visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gandhi Hill
94.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gandhi Hill
Gandhi Hill, Vijayawada Reviews
Nice place to know some interesting facts . Govt should take care about its maintainance
It's nice place..it has few sit outs in top of hill..and children's play area and a small train to view the city and to reach top of hill from park
Visiting hours 4 pm to 8 pm .Timeings should be extended 9 am to 9 pm, then only piligrims can enjoy seeing gandhi hills beauty along with city over view.
Superb place just right behind the Vijayawada Railway station. Nice place to watch entire Vijayawada City from here. bikes are also allowed. Planetarium is also available here. Children park and Toy train are also available. Toy train is definately a fun ride. View of the city and Kanaka Durga Temple is so nice from here. The Gabdhi Stupam is really beautiful in the lights.
It's all about view, old train ride. Evening time is better