Gandhi HillCurrently Closed
The Gandhi Hill is named after the father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi. It was earlier known as the Orr Hill. This is the first Gandhi Memorial with a huge stupa dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi. Along with this there are 6 other subsidiary shrines that are dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi as well. The memorial is perched on the hill top which is about 500 ft above the main city of Vijayawada. The walls are beautifully inscribed with the teachings of the great man, Mahatma Gandhi.
The Gandhi Hill in Vijayawada has a fantastic library and the city’s only planetarium. The library is stocked with important documents and scriptures related to the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi. The view of the whole city from the top of the Gandhi Hill is also amazing. The scene of crowds, lights and busy streets look like a page from our story books. All these put together has made the Gandhi Hills an important tourist attraction.
- The memorial also hosts light & sound shows every evening based on the life and incidents of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Maintain proper discipline here.
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- The Exhibition Train fee: Rs 5 person
- Entry to Planetarium: Rs 10 person (children below 5 years not allowed)
- The memorial remains closed on Tuesdays.
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
- Sweet Magic
- Open House
- Sri Satya Sai Hotel
- Manor Food Plaza
- Southern Spice Takeaway
- My House Restaurant
- Vineesha Flavours
- NR Fast Food
- Influence Multicuisine Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vijayawada include Gandhi Hill in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
95% of people start their Gandhi Hill visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gandhi Hill
93.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gandhi Hill
People normally also visit Rajiv Gandhi Park while planning their trip to Gandhi Hill.
U can see whole city from here and good place
Historic place in vijayawada, need to improve the facilities. Plantorium is also located here.
Nice place to sit in the evening. City view is good. There is a toy train to run around the hill.
Beautiful for watching city round
Lot of info abt gandhi ji