Gunadala Matha ShrineCurrently Open
- Address: District- Krishna, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The Gunadala Matha Shrine is also known as The Mary Matha Shrine or more popularly known as the St. Mary’s Church. It is the most popular pilgrimage for the Christians in Andhra Pradesh. This church located in the Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh is beautiful and perched on the top of a hill. There are lots of tourists visiting this place to seek the blessings of Mother Mary. There is also a huge statue of the Lord crucified on a cross. The unique feature of this church is the huge cross fixed on the peak of the hill to signify the situation of the church.
Legend says that Mother Mary was seen here in the year 1858 by the then priest here. She was the one who founded this shrine and since then every year the Matha Festival is celebrated here with huge pomp along with the Mary Matha Fest that goes on for 10 days. At this time of the year the church is visited by lakhs of tourists.
Gunadala Matha Shrine Travel Tips
- Sundays are crowded for the Sunday mass.
- Maintain silence inside the church.
- Photography is not allowed inside.
- Do not carry large bags inside.
- Switch off your mobile phones inside the church.
How to Reach Gunadala Matha Shrine
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
- Hotel Srinivasa Restaurant
- Tulip’s restaurant
- Premier Restaurant
- Open House & Bar Restaurant
- Blue Fox Bar & Restaurant
- Hotel Monica Restaurant
- Royal Touch Restaurant & bar
- RR Durbar
- Cross Roads Restaurants
- GAD Restaurant
- Albake Biryani Point
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.54% of people who visit Vijayawada include Gunadala Matha Shrine in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40% of people start their Gunadala Matha Shrine visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gunadala Matha Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gunadala Matha Shrine
Gunadala Matha Shrine Reviews & Ratings
On Friday chruch will be open or closedAnswer Report Abuse
Now church opened or closed due to covid 19 pandemic situationAnswer Report Abuse
I need to stay one day at gunadala church roomAnswer Report Abuse
There are some nice hotel rooms near Gunadala Matha Shrine most of which are operated by the social service centers. Washrooms and mid-day meal are available at Gunadala Matha Shrine free of cost for the devotees.Report Abuse