How to Reach Vijayawada
- By Air: The nearest airport is located about 20 km from the city at Gannavaram. From here, regular flights are available to Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam. Connecting flights to overseas locations can be availed from the Hyderabad airport.
- By Train: Vijaywada is the largest railway junction in the South-Central railway division, which implies that it is connected to almost every part of India. It falls on the Chennai-Delhi rail route and regular rail services are available to cities like Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Nagpur and Bangalore.
- By Bus: Tourist bus services as well as Andhra Pradesh’s Tourism board (APSRTC) bus services are available to connect the city to other cities of Andhra Pradesh.
- By Bus: The APSRTC run buses in the city. Though they are many, it’s not a fun way to travel around. The crowd gets very pushy during peak hours, and the buses are usually stuffed to the max; its suffocating to be inside one.
- By Auto-Rickshaw: Be sure to negotiate fares BEFORE you get in. Also, it’s best if you use google maps to identify your routes precisely, or you might end up over paying by huge margins.
- By Car: Many car rental services are available.
- By Taxi: Though you can hire a cab from a cab company, doing so is a little expensive.
- By Rickshaw: A cheap if rare ride.