Mogalarajapuram CavesCurrently Closed
- Address: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 3 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Statue, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site
About Mogalarajapuram Caves, Vijayawada
The Mogalarajapuram caves are located in the heart of the Vijayawada City in Kasturibaipet or Mogalarajapuram in Andhra Pradesh. These are the most ancient examples of rock cut temple architecture that is supposed to date back to the 5th century.
It is a group of 5 stone cut shrines out of which only one is in a good condition. It is famous for the ‘Ardhanareeshwara’ statue or the half man – half woman avatar of Lord Shiva. It is said to be the one and only of its kind in the Deccan Region. The ruins still have a certain beauty that attracts the tourists from all over the country. Another attraction here is the hanging cornice to the cave that is based partly on towers. There is also an adjoining cave where the idols of Lord Ganesha and Lord Vinayaka are in a good condition comparatively though the cave is in ruins completely. The other attractive statue here is of the Nataraja. Apart from the Ardhanareeshwara fresco, you will also find faint remnants of artifacts of that ancient era.
Mogalarajapuram Caves Information
- Photography is allowed inside.
- Entry is paid so make sure you get the information.
How To reach Mogalarajapuram Caves by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
Restaurants Near Mogalarajapuram Caves
- Blue Leaves Restaurant
- Taj Restaurant
- Annapurna Restaurant
- Ramayya Mess
- Idli & Idli Restaurant
- Silver Spoon Restaurant
- Aromas Multicuisine Restaurant
- Spice Inn Restaurant
- Zodiac The Astral
- Oriental Pavilion
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mogalarajapuram Caves
95% of people who visit Vijayawada include Mogalarajapuram Caves in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.69% of people start their Mogalarajapuram Caves visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mogalarajapuram Caves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mogalarajapuram Caves
Mogalarajapuram Caves Map
Mogalarajapuram Caves Trips
Mogalarajapuram Caves, Vijayawada Reviews
All QuestionsMogalarajapuram caves
- Papago Mountains
- Alexandre Gertsman Contemporary Art Gallery
- Salem AME Church
- Frecciarossa Roma-Milano
- Bollate Baseball
- Parrocchia Di S. Maria Assunta
- Washington-Willow Historic District
- Lakeshore Tackle And Firearms
- Kosik Harald U Mitgesellschafter GesnbR
- Lake Baptist Church
- Soul Hunters Ministry Christian Center
- Whalebone Watercolors
- Andover Commons
- St Patricks Rectory