Prakasham BarrageCurrently Open
- Address: Prakasam barrage, District- Guntur, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Rides
Prakasham Barrage - Review
The Prakasham Barrage is one of the most popular attractions of Vijayawada as it connects it with the Guntur District. It is spread over a lake and comprises of three canals. This barrage gives Vijayawada a look like Venice.
The plan of this barrage was the brain child of Captain Buckle in 1798 and later revised by Captain Bruce and Captain Lake. It was at last approved by the English East India Company in the year 1850. The dam was constructed between 1852 and 1855 and later the Andhra Government named the bridge over as the Tanguturi Prakasham bridge after the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. It also supplies water to the Buckingham Canal and is one of the earliest irrigation projects of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Tourism owes a lot of credit to the Prakasham Dam and Barrage. It is a very popular tourist attraction mainly due to the fact that as you stand on the bridge here the surrounding view of the hilly ranges and the beautiful Krishna River is mesmerizing. It is an ideal place if you want to take a leisure walk or just sit and enjoy the cool breeze of the river and rejuvenate yourself.
Prakasham Barrage Information
- This is an amazing place to get some nice clicks.
How To reach Prakasham Barrage by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
Restaurants Near Prakasham Barrage
- Venkateshwara Ice Cream Parlour
- Sri Kanaka Durga Restaurant
- Lotus- The Food City Restaurant
- Victory Restaurant
- Durga Restaurant
- Shree Leela Mahal Restaurant
- Food Plaza restaurant
- Tulip Restaurant
- Alankar bar & Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Prakasham Barrage
95% of people who visit Vijayawada include Prakasham Barrage in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
43.94% of people start their Prakasham Barrage visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Prakasham Barrage
93.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Prakasham Barrage
Prakasham Barrage Map
Prakasham Barrage Trips
Prakasham Barrage, Vijayawada Reviews
All QuestionsPrakasham barrage
- Skorup Kirke
- Skorup Sogns Menighedsråd
- Libraries – Fårvang Bibliotek In Fårvang
- KFUM & K I Fårvang
- Skorup Og Tvilum Sogne
- Simone Hoppe Dressage
- Tvilum Sogns Menighedsråd
- HD Camp
- Munke Bjergby Og Kirke Flinterup Sogne
- Ryttergårdens Rideskole
- Simon Nielsen Racing
- Museum Sønderjylland
- Galerie Erz
- Mjolden Sogns Menighedsråd