Subramanya Swamy TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Durga Temple Ghat Road, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 04:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Hill
This temple is situated on the top of the Indrakeeladri Hillock and is a simple temple admired by many people in Andhra Pradesh. This temple is dedicated to Subramanya Swamy and is a famous tourist attraction. The famous Iddipilli family maintains the administration and looks after the temple. This place is known widely for the reason that many people from Tamil Nadu. The main festival celebrated here is the Skanda Shashti Festival and there is a huge crowd here during this time. The picture perfect back drop of the temple is another feature that attracts tourists from all around to this place.
- Do not enter the temple naked or wearing single pieces of clothes.
- Do not wear footwear within the temple premises.
- Do not drink, smoke, eat non vegetarian food or chew tobacco in the area.
- Do not use soap if you are taking a bath in the temple water body.
- Do not sit with your leg pointed towards the deity.
- Do not enter the inner sanctum as that is only meant for priests.
- Do not carry any weapons or explosives.
- Do not wear any kind of headgears like caps, helmets, leather items etc inside the temple.
- Do not cause any act of violence here.
- Do not dirty the temple premises.
- Do not encourage beggars inside the temple complex.
- Do not throw away the prasaad or the vermillion given from the temple.
- Do not carry large amount of cash or valuables as there is chance of theft here.
- Keep your mobiles switched off inside.
- Deposit your bags and other belongings in the cloakroom of the temple.
- Photography is not allowed inside the temple.
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
- Blue Leaves Restaurant
- Taj Restaurant
- Annapurna Restaurant
- Ramayya Mess
- Idli & Idli Restaurant
- Silver Spoon Restaurant
- Aromas Multicuisine Restaurant
- Spice Inn Restaurant
- Zodiac The Astral
- Oriental Pavilion
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.54% of people who visit Vijayawada include Subramanya Swamy Temple in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.5% of people start their Subramanya Swamy Temple visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Subramanya Swamy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Subramanya Swamy Temple