Are you looking for what to do in Vijayawada?
- Kanaka Durga Temple: Perched atop the steep Indrakiladri hill is the picturesque Kanak Durga temple. One can take the long fleet of stairs or reach there by car for the temple’s beauty as well as the breathtaking view of the city. Dussehra and Diwali are celebrated with grandeur at the temple and devotees flock from everywhere to offer their prayers.
- Mogalarajpuram caves: These caves date back to the 5th century and house three cave temples with idols of Lord Shiva as Nataraja and Lord Ganpati. The majestic carving of Ardhanarishevara is believed to be one of its only kinds to be found in South India.
- Victoria Museum: Established in 1887, this museum draws a lot of visitors with its unique collection of artefacts, pre-historic pottery, tools, manuscripts and coins. It features objects from excavations at historical sites. An idol of Lord Buddha from Alluru that dates back to third century has been kept here in a well-preserved condition.
- Kolleru Lake: Vijayawada sightseeing for bird lovers starts and ends here. This huge freshwater lake attracts more than 2, 00,000 migratory birds from Siberia, Philippines, Egypt and Australia during October to March.
- Bhavani Island: Located near Prakasam Barrage, this is a great picnic spot with options of boating and adventure sports in River Krishna.
Below we have a list of things to do in Vijayawada and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Vijayawada getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Vijayawada with confidence.